What Would You Like To See In A Renoise 3.0?

New sample commands!

• Instant detuning command (now i’m using second sample tuned quater tone above, but i often need others non-standard divisions of intervals. Slides are not working good for me). Per note and line

• Command for playing n partial of given base note. It would be possibile to play outside of well-tempered system. Like on strings instruments it could be used for slides over natural harmonics. Would be the easiest way to manipulate pitches in natural, non-tempered system ever! per note (up to 16th partial - if firs partial is omitted - up to 17th) and per line.

• There is no “classical” tremolo (or tremolando) effect. I mean playing two notes very quickly (with adjustable speed and interval). Arpeggio isn’t that flexible.

+1 to 10 band spectral follower !!

(Sorry for my English)

Now we have alphanumeric pattern commands I feel this could well have come in if it had been suggested in an earlier Beta stage. Definitely a step towards it being integrated though :)

+1 for dual screen support/detachable windows and … audio tracks, of course ^^

detachable windows could be nice for multi-monitor setups, however I wouldn’t want too much of the workflow to be geared towards this, because separate windows sucks when you’re working with a single monitor.

how i imagine it:
if you don’t like detached windows, you’d simply not press the respective “detach” button.
so per default, everything would look as usual, just with the option (small button or dragable area which initiates the detaching) to be detached, if desired.
no need to compromise for everyone.

@double_deep post #88
there’s a free vst plugin called Prodyspace that can do this, just use it with the XY pad and possibly invert the scaling for one of X/Y.

I don’t think there is an audio tracks problem per se, I have no problem recording what’s playing from Wave or Stereo Mix, which is a recording device that a lot of sound cards have which plays what you hear on the primary sound output for the card. If you enable autoseek on the sample you can press the “apps key” (next to windows key on the right side) and resume playback after pausing it. However, there is an audio routing problem, like I’m not capable of recording overdub audio to audio without including the audio I’m listening to, so I have to just increase LPB and expand pattern to record MIDI. It would really be nice to be able to with 1-4 clicks/presses just record MIDI and audio for one track only. I know Renoise has separate busses when Rewiring so to be able to do this without Rewire would be sweet!

I understand that you can kind of work around the audio recording if you’re already doing it the way that I am by using ASIO and switching all the other tracks to an output that won’t be going to the “Stereo Mix”, but if you don’t have another device then it’d be a problem, plus some people don’t even have Stereo Mix / Wave, and having to do it this way means your sound card sort of records for you and always has to be the track recording/playback monitor rather than everything else playback monitor.

Upgrade Renoise so that I don’t have to look for a usb interface with hardware loopback capabilities like my soundcard! I’m sure you’re sick of hearing it, but Ableton lets you record audio and midi simultaneously while monitoring, and I bet Renoise would do it better if you let it.

It’s got my vote. With the sounds I create, they often have to be pitched around to make them work with the rest of the music, so the ability to have this happen instantly would often be preferable to the current method.

Is there a way to push through the 01/02xx (0U/0Dxx) commands to midi as well? Would be nice to get more vsti control from native commends

dual screen, and audio tracks :)

i want full ft2 AND pt2.3d playback compatibility

Amenbreak :D

You can find this one in one of the samplepacks that came with the older versions.

I know) just kiddin

Remember short-term proposal #2 in this tuning thread? Or maybe I was too late even back then.

I forgot to mention the support of midi drag and drop. But I would expect this to be available in the next version already… erm.

Sampler function

Env/lfo per sample and master env/lfo
master volume/tuning and so on
good quality filter on the master like moog/steiner or MS 20 dirty filter/acid 3 pole/rubberworth/comb/formant
Round robin
Articulation by keyswitch or modwheel

Nu effect

• Splitter that split the audio into two chain and merger that merge the splitted audio

• mastafilter use 2 filter module with moog/steiner/acid/formant/comb/rubberworth filter with parralel/serial stuff, morph between the two filter in serial mode. filter that can handle ultra fast automation

• bus compresor add a dry/wet knob for NY comp

+1

pretty sure this has been bought up before, but a meta instrument to control multiple instruments adjustable with keyboard splits and root notes… would be very useful, particularly for live work (although it could be inspiring for composing as well).

http://forums.jeskola.net/viewtopic.php?p=2425#p2425

1.Midi routing
2.Audio routing

that’s it.