What You Listening Atm?

My teenage years

This thread is one goldmine and the best part of the forum easily.

@Dblue, I think it’s a folktronic Irish reel:) Love it and the lad who dances is very cute.

This is a Welsh band who I have been listening to for the past decade and more since school days, many of the members are excellent instrumentalist and their compositions have a signature high energy and iRish reel and gigue feel with power drums and superb baglipes and a very epic feel to many of their tracks. Their chord progressions are also very energized and well voiced and very well layered, almost like what Neo Soul does except without any Black feel whatsoever, this music transports me to maedieval era Europe. Many of the lyrics are in ancient Gaelic. Their releases are on Sony France and not many know them, even many of my French friends. Whenever I read the word folktronic this band StoneAge comes to my mind.

@Renoised: Sure mate, and jail food is nice too not too different from the real thing:0

I still love Bugglegum pop with pretty European girls, this was from school days…

https://youtu.be/px-3q0Kmgag

And this is really good songwriting and very moody and makes you think how fast time goes by…

They are old now. Fact.

@Dblue, I think it’s a folktronic Irish reel:)

Yep, quite a fascinating little track that a friend shared with me some months ago.

Some kind of weird and wonky chopped up fluffy little techno homage to the traditional folk melody “The Sailor’s Hornpipe”, a version of which Mike Oldfield arranged as the theme tune to an old British kids TV show called “Blue Peter” (Blue Pedro!)…

The melody seems to be sampled from one (or several) of Mike Oldfield’s old folk recordings, then chopped up and resequenced into what you hear in the track.

I haven’t attempted to recreate it myself yet, but I’m fairly certain that it’s the notes from the Blue Peter / Hornpipe melody sequenced in reverse order.

Anyway… Some related listening/viewing:

Why is this guy allowed to go around poisoning the forum with his Jewish shit dressed-up as casual posts all the time?

You really need to take a step back and relax, dude.

This is a thread where people can share the music they’re listening to.

It really doesn’t need to be any more complicated or dramatic than that.

So just leave the drama and other disruptive bullshit at the door, and try your best to overlook the stuff you don’t personally enjoy.

Or… simply don’t come in here at all if you can’t handle the risk of someone posting music you may not agree with.

Please!

The aria: