Whats next for Renoise?

You could always just grab a copy of MeowSynth

It’s free after all

That said I have no expectations for any new features, maybe a waveform generator being built in, but I just load those anyways lol

You could always just grab a copy of MeowSynth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxqmC1fJI0

It’s free after all

That said I have no expectations for any new features, maybe a waveform generator being built in, but I just load those anyways lol

jajajajaj ^^ ^^ :slight_smile:

Here is the glod dust, the reason why Renoise development is so slow, and it is not very popular

User 1 - I want meh meh meh meh meh but no piano roll

User 2 - No i want meh meh meh meh meh whats wrong with piano roll

User 3 - No i want meh meh meh meh meh don’t care about piano roll

Rest of world - Its just a tracker

Renoise is just Renoise, it is just a tracker, there will be no piano roll anytime soon if ever (Have you even seen how old the piano roll thread is), there will be no audio tracks anytime soon if ever (audio tracks thread isn’t as old, but yeah check out how old that is too) they gave you Rewire and Redux specifically so that you could go and use a real DAW with audio tracks and piano roll, they have no interest in piano rolls and audio tracks hahahaha, its a tracker, it is geek software for geeks (Yes we are geeks, get over it)

The developers chose to invest their development time in geek features (Scripting and so on) not on usability features that would have drawn in new users, they cater for geeks, they don’t care about getting new users.

Take all that in to account and guess what the next version of Renoise will have, i will guess, its own DSP language for coding native plugins direct in the software, of which ten will get made in the first few months by the stalwart geeks round here, then it will never get used (Much like the current scripting) and another three years will have passed.

truly spoken. and rightly so. and im not even a tracker geek hahaha.

I remember a time devs and alpha/beta testers used to share some info about stuff to come…

Not silence for months.

Reminds me of the silence Pebble staff left backers/fans to endure the past months until the final news of the “Fitbit deal” just a few days ago were revealed.

Don’t know, but did you see this?https://github.com/pierreguillot/Camomile.Itseems a bunch of your wishes could be fulfilled using this approach.

If you know Pd, then the world is your oyster I guess. I haven’t tried it out yet, but my activity on Pd has waned in the last couple of years as I always felt that not being able to integrate it more into my workflow was limitation for me, but now there is this. I do have a soft spot for Pd though.

If only SuperCollider had a plugin like this too. I dare say a JUCE wrapper could be made for that too. I’d also like to big up Plogue Bidule, which I use a lot with Renoise - it’s great… It’s like having an integrated environment inside Renoise.

At a higher level, I guess what everyone wants it to do everything, but maybe that’s missing the point. What is does do, it does very well. (though a couple of improvements could be made (routing options, sampler tweaks like modulation of more params and being able to send mod signals around)

Choose a selection of tools that work well together for you, and make music!

Camomile looks to be a lot of fun! Will investigate!

Another thread got closed just when it started to get interesting. But well, I understand.

Yet, I simply have a question to Danoise (from his latestpostin that topic).

Renoise is taktiks creation, of that there is no doubt. We’ve worked together for a few years now, and I can tell you that he has a very keen sense of what this software needs and doesn’t need.

This is interesting, and perhaps even groundbreaking.

Since the (vision) future of Renoise is clear already, why not allay the users by just mentioning:

• What exactly this software need.
  • What exactly this software doesn’t need.

? :slight_smile:

I’m sure people would respect whatever the answers to these questions are.

I think I can answer this too. You got this wrong. It was about Danoise’s role in “what feature makes it into a release and which not”. This indeed always has been my decision, cause I was the one how started Renoise, the one who kept it running, and the one who implemented most of it (in code). So I’m responsible here too.

This doesn’t mean that we’re ignoring what people write and tell us about Renoise. Why do we bother running the forum then at all and keep talking with people (sometimes more, sometimes less). I think that is what you implied with the question.

To answer the original topics question - have done so in the other threads already, but I think everyone got a bit lost now:

The only thing that is scheduled right now for Renoise is a bugfix update, cause we’re currently working on some other bigger non Renoise related project. We don’t have the capacity to run multiple projects at once - well, at least not with full new feature sets that are to be implemented. Once the other project is done, we have to see where we are and what we want and will make a new plan.

The last bigger thing I worked on for the Renoise core was a HiDPI “compatible” GUI, but I could not finished it before the other project started. Would make sense to use this as a base for another bigger Renoise release. Everything else is still open though.

We’re not intending to close down the Renoise project, but indeed the next big release is not around the corner. As mentioned before, we actually always have been working on/off Renoise, but this time people seem to be more disappointed about the slow release cycles than before. I can’t say why, but I think It’s not “just” the lack of information.

1 Like

The last bigger thing I worked on for the Renoise core was a HiDPI “compatible” GUI, but I could not finished it before the other project started. Would make sense to use this as a base for another bigger Renoise release. Everything else is still open though.

Woow Taktik!I am happy reading these words.Although you are now involved in another project, I wish that you to resume the development of Renoise with its “HiDPI compatible GUI” when you are fully prepared. I think it’s very important, maybe the most important step. Basically, it does not matter how long it takes you to schedule this task, which is much more laborious. I consider this step a key part of Renoise, the before and the after, and it is necessary to do it and think it carefully and with a fresh mind, and all the time as necessary.An improved GUI could even improve the overall performance of the program, and a good appearance and order is always a great attraction, for the most loyal customers and for new customers…

Other software development companies have also stopped in the past with the objective of update their products for high resolutions of screen (a crucial step of continuity), and the results have always been positive, maintaining a good relationship between the current hardware and the software.

Larger workspace on screen implies higher performance for the composer, and this is superb!!!

Just a bit of communication makes everyone easier - thx Taktik!

Never mind…

+1. Just to show some support, I also think HiDPI is a proper priority! Apart from usual refinements and improvements (like automation?), this and sidechaining seems most important to the project, I think.

OK lets start taking bets, I am thinking 6 weeks max before the first “Wheres the HiDPI you promised” start happening hahaha

Forum preparing for ’ stasis ’ mode .

I have it on good authority that the renoise devs are pouring their work into attempting to become vampires. this will benefit renoise in the long-term as they can continue development long after we have shuffled off this mortal coil.

currently they have given up on alchemy and chemistry and they’ve turned to old-fashioned core exercises and bathing in the blood of their enemies. it remains to be seen whether this will work, but they are very hopeful.

Stasis mode + vampires…

You guys are so funny! :badteeth:

I dreamt about a Renoise 3.9.2 release

_​_​Have I already mentioned how much I would like Renoise to scale properly on UHD screens?

_​_​Have I already mentioned how much I would like Renoise to scale properly on UHD screens?

I don’t think so, maybe you should?

we’re currently working on some other bigger non Renoise related project.

I don’t mean to pester you when I say this, but… What’s the project tell me now! Tell me now! Tell me now! Is it a VST? Tell me!