Whats next for Renoise?

Hopefully the future brings us further away from the pianoroll. :stuck_out_tongue:

Renoise HQ gathers around a table and Taktik starts talking: Teamā€¦ We need a new product. We need a new hit! But we also need to play to our strengths! What could be nerdier than tracking?

Danoise: Obsessive compulsive sample organizing?

GOOD PIVOT.

_ Edit: Typos _

Sononym looks good. Glad to hear that it may have inspired Taktik to continue work on Renoise. :slight_smile: Still really wishing for high-dpi display support.

Electron-based programs arenā€™t all that bad, and much depends on the implementation. For example, both Atom and VScode are Electron-based, but VScode uses resources much more efficiently. I prefer and use Atom, but just the difference in RAM consumption between those two editors is substantial. If I only had 8 GB, Iā€™d probably use VScode (if I had 4, Iā€™d default back to Sublime Text). And to be fair, Atomā€™s development team is catching up at a brisk pace. Thereā€™s also Discord, which is Electron-based too. It neither eats up a lot of memory (like a browser would) nor is it slow or unresponsive. Electron certainly isnā€™t the best choice for every application, but I think for something like Sononym itā€™s likely a good pick and most users wouldnā€™t be able to tell that it uses Electron if they didnā€™t know. (Iā€™d not have guessed that Discord is Electron-based.)

excellent newsā€¦more features (in the horizon) to make new tuts ā€¦go taktik !!!

ā€™ expressed a desire to get his hands dirty with the code once again.ā€™

Purrfect!

coding-cat-01.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicMakers/comments/8irsik/sononym_machine_learning_sample_organizer_for/ upvote!!

If the Renoise Instrument really did, ā€œunderstand,ā€ wavetable synthesis, it would be mind blowing. Especially for like Big Saw Pads!!! It would be cool to use a wavetable osc, render to sample, create layer, repeat

Good news,
I am so happy to read Danoise write Taktik is back.

Renoise - like any good religion it requires great ammount of faithā€¦and demons will come and test your faith in the forumsā€¦ :badteethslayer:

All I wish for is proper support for 4k monitors. :slight_smile:

Renoise - like any good religion it requires great ammount of faithā€¦

and cats

i would love some synthesis solution !! like wavetable or FM !!!

that would be so awesome !! also realtime timestretch of audio also ā€¦please make a sampler start (offset) automatable control

and if its not much to ask ā€¦make the effects tab in the sampler also available for vst !!!

:badteeth: :badteeth: :badteeth:

i guess this is to much for 3.1.2

i would love some synthesis solution !! like wavetable or FM !!!

that would be so awesome !! also realtime timestretch of audio also ā€¦please make a sampler start (offset) automatable control

and if its not much to ask ā€¦make the effects tab in the sampler also available for vst !!!

:badteeth: :badteeth: :badteeth:

i guess this is to much for 3.1.2

+1 all of this and 4K monitor support (Scalable UI)

Yes!!! :drummer:

Automatable sample start and receive device gets my vote. :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 all of this and 4K monitor support (Scalable UI)

that too :slight_smile:

I think if Renoise was going to get synthesis, granular would make the most sense. In many ways the instrument system is almost there as it is - with a few more tweaks and features it could be the most insanely powerful granular synth around.

Wavetable makes sense. Why just only one type of synthesis? If you are going to bother, than why not subtractive, additive, wavetable, granular

-1 for synthesis.

+1 for workflow improvements.

-1 for synthesis.

+1 for workflow improvements.

Yeah, as cool as built in synths would be, I would also rather Renoise just focuses on being a tracker/DAW. There are plenty of good VSTs out there to load in.