Whats next for Renoise?

(TheBellows) #221

Hopefully the future brings us further away from the pianoroll. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Conner_Bw) #222

Renoise HQ gathers around a table and Taktik starts talking: Team… We need a new product. We need a new hit! But we also need to play to our strengths! What could be nerdier than tracking?

Danoise: Obsessive compulsive sample organizing?

GOOD PIVOT.

_ Edit: Typos _

(Mivo) #223

Sononym looks good. Glad to hear that it may have inspired Taktik to continue work on Renoise. :slight_smile: Still really wishing for high-dpi display support.

Electron-based programs aren’t all that bad, and much depends on the implementation. For example, both Atom and VScode are Electron-based, but VScode uses resources much more efficiently. I prefer and use Atom, but just the difference in RAM consumption between those two editors is substantial. If I only had 8 GB, I’d probably use VScode (if I had 4, I’d default back to Sublime Text). And to be fair, Atom’s development team is catching up at a brisk pace. There’s also Discord, which is Electron-based too. It neither eats up a lot of memory (like a browser would) nor is it slow or unresponsive. Electron certainly isn’t the best choice for every application, but I think for something like Sononym it’s likely a good pick and most users wouldn’t be able to tell that it uses Electron if they didn’t know. (I’d not have guessed that Discord is Electron-based.)

(The Empty Self) #224

excellent news…more features (in the horizon) to make new tuts …go taktik !!!

(ABįSƧȔš ṼØȊÐƎ) #225

’ expressed a desire to get his hands dirty with the code once again.’

Purrfect!

coding-cat-01.gif

(Rpnz) #226

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicMakers/comments/8irsik/sononym_machine_learning_sample_organizer_for/ upvote!!

(2 daze j) #227

If the Renoise Instrument really did, “understand,” wavetable synthesis, it would be mind blowing. Especially for like Big Saw Pads!!! It would be cool to use a wavetable osc, render to sample, create layer, repeat

(hermess) #228

Good news,
I am so happy to read Danoise write Taktik is back.

(Zer0 Fly) #229

Renoise - like any good religion it requires great ammount of faith…and demons will come and test your faith in the forums… :badteethslayer:

All I wish for is proper support for 4k monitors. :slight_smile:

(TheBellows) #231

Renoise - like any good religion it requires great ammount of faith…

and cats

(The Empty Self) #232

i would love some synthesis solution !! like wavetable or FM !!!

that would be so awesome !! also realtime timestretch of audio also …please make a sampler start (offset) automatable control

and if its not much to ask …make the effects tab in the sampler also available for vst !!!

:badteeth: :badteeth: :badteeth:

i guess this is to much for 3.1.2

(Gavin Graham) #233

i would love some synthesis solution !! like wavetable or FM !!!

that would be so awesome !! also realtime timestretch of audio also …please make a sampler start (offset) automatable control

and if its not much to ask …make the effects tab in the sampler also available for vst !!!

:badteeth: :badteeth: :badteeth:

i guess this is to much for 3.1.2

+1 all of this and 4K monitor support (Scalable UI)

(ffx) #234

Yes!!! :drummer:

(TheBellows) #235

Automatable sample start and receive device gets my vote. :slight_smile:

(The Empty Self) #236

+1 all of this and 4K monitor support (Scalable UI)

that too :slight_smile:

(Skyscape) #237

I think if Renoise was going to get synthesis, granular would make the most sense. In many ways the instrument system is almost there as it is - with a few more tweaks and features it could be the most insanely powerful granular synth around.

(2 daze j) #238

Wavetable makes sense. Why just only one type of synthesis? If you are going to bother, than why not subtractive, additive, wavetable, granular

(joule) #239

-1 for synthesis.

+1 for workflow improvements.

(Skyscape) #240

-1 for synthesis.

+1 for workflow improvements.

Yeah, as cool as built in synths would be, I would also rather Renoise just focuses on being a tracker/DAW. There are plenty of good VSTs out there to load in.