What's your best song in 2023?

That’s a cool idea! I want to be part of that so let me put my track on SC:

:thinking:
It’s up to @alien7 and @TNT but I think it’s fine. The thread is about your favorite composition of the year. So it’d be rude to exclude non-Renoise stuff. Then the playlist just becomes “Best of Renoise forum members 2023”. :wink:

3 Likes

added

1 Like

@alien7 named the playlist “Renoise VST best song in 2023”, according to that it’s not about Renoise only. As for this thread of course any song is welcome, it doesn’t matter how it was created. But of course in a Renoise forum one can presume Renoise users creating songs in Renoise. So better use Renoise next time, or else, :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll use a Renoise next time or else :joy:

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s my ‘best’ or not, but it’s my favorite because every rhythmic element was a euclidean rhythm so I had to kind of make things work as best as possible. It was a challenge I was doing with a few other producers, so it kind of made it fun :smiley:

Also, no idea if this track is even going to embed here but let’s see!

10 Likes

bro, that’s dope :fire:
needs to be a genre

2 Likes

Dig this… Getting sort of Otto Von Schirach type vibes!

1 Like

I’ve been messing around with FM synthesis this year, mostly with the KORG opsix native plugin.
This is the track I keep coming back to the most:

6 Likes

I think it’s my best of the year:

3 Likes

I’ve done two musical projects this year and this track was from the first of them:

Endless Rehash - Rise

This EP was a collection of remakes of songs I originally made on OctaMED back in the 1990s. This particular remake strays quite a ways from the original, which was a much more minimalist jungle tune.

1 Like

@RudeCorps that’s a wonderful track. I like it! And I can hear this having old school tracker beginnings, yes. But it does a whole lot more modern, yes. Neat stuff!!

@H3ADL3SS oh, that’s a great track! Your productions always feel hyper real to me. Bright & sharp but not in a painful way. But with a admirable clarity. Lots of nice little details. Cool stuff!

@Agentslimepunk Oh yeah, this is neat. The sound design is wicked.

@Lacaster there are some lovely sounds in your track.

4 Likes

I only started with Renoise again a few weeks ago and made some ambient tracks when getting back into it.
This is my favorite one.

4 Likes

Especially whale song and swan song, but not so much Cher. :smiley:

@Kaao That guitar sample feels so off kilter on its own. A strange rhythm that feels wrong but is cool. With the drums it comes to live. Really neat stuff! Though, if you don’t mind me saying, it doesn’t feel quite finished to me. Like it is missing a layer still. I think it could use a melody floating over it. And be a bit longer. But I like the idea of this track a lot!

@EETTEE welcome to Renoise. It’s a nice piece of ambient.

1 Like

@Kaao I really like the choir and how also it comes back in the end!

1 Like

That one made me smile and reminds me of video games. Great!

I think its this one

4 Likes

0:39 to 2:08 is pretty nostalgic, I like that part the most. Are you listening to Pink Floyd, too? In the second half from 2.33 to the end it clearly becomes a “Hardcore” cover of “On the Run” by Pink Floyd.. Btw, this song was also used as the entrance theme of the opponents of the Chicago Bulls at home back in the 90s when Michael Jordan was dominating Basketball. Good times! So overall you’ve created a nostalgic mashup. Thanks.

To everyone:
It’s nice to see the diversity of sounds and the diverse ways to get there within Renoise. Keep the creativity alive and have a nice trip to 2024! Time to regain energy and creativity and CU next year. Peace out! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, pink floyd was certainly a thing when I made this track.
On the run was my inspiration, I still consider it as the first acid track!

1 Like