What's your best song in 2023?

2023 is almost over, so what’s your favorite song that you’ve composed this year?

I was primarily creating Elektro this year and this is my favorite:

Edit:
There are hundrets of Renoise users in this forum, so I expect to hear hundrets of songs. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Not the best, I think, but just one of latest. Track was made from one of sketches I made in koala sampler on my phone in 2022 in February while sitting hours in shelter during air ride alerts.

8 Likes

Cool thread idea.

This is my favorite track of 2023. It’s a long journey, but you’ll visit many places along the way.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Inspired by this one. Props to @midierror . :slightly_smiling_face:

That sounds wild! Ukrainian? So you made this entirely on a phone? That’s an awesome result for a song made on a phone.

@Roppenzo
Great remix, better than the original imho. But are there any own compositions, too? Or are you remixing only?

3 Likes

dunno if it’s my best, as I have a ton of unreleased projects from this year, but probably my personal fav of the year. should sound familiar to some of you, lol. I promise that remix project release is not dead. hopefully by the spring :crossed_fingers: 100% native synthesis/dsp entirely within renoise :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, Ukrainian)) The main theme was made in a phone, then I played with it on iPad through AUM mixer plus some fx and added melodic stuff , baked parts in audio and after all edited on my laptop, added some interview voices, glitches etc. BTW I recongnized that soundcloud downgraded quality a lot, like it`s in 64 kbps (I uploaded track in 24 bit 96r wav)

Probably this one: What Starts, Ends - song and lyrics by Lilith 93 | Spotify

5 Likes

The title of this thread could also be “What’s your favorite song that you’ve composed this year?”. So if a specific song is your “favorite” it’s also probably your “best”, right? It’s not about quality only, it’s about YOUR personal taste in terms of YOUR song. So which one of your songs 2023 do you like the most?

Yes, it’s always a downgrade, my song also has small glitches on SC. But the overall quality is ok and in contrary to for example Spotify stuff that @lilith is posting it’s listenable for everyone.

Spring of which year? Btw, if I were you I’d be tired of always writing 100% native synthesis. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

2027 at the latest!
And, yeah, I’m getting there, believe me! But I still enjoy pushing the envelope with what renoise can do on its own. I find i often make a sound that sounds nothing like what I’ve heard before, so for me, that’s a plus. Probably going to dive deep on serum soon… Keep your eyes open for the one synth challenge from me in '24-'27 :wink:

2 Likes

Serum, ey? I hear that’s all the rage among the kids these days. Jokes aside, Serum seems eminently suited to your sound design approach Mr.Zensphere.

@lilith that’s a sweet little track you’ve got there. Love the haunting, melancholic nature of it.

1 Like

7 Likes

the section that starts at 1:52 is real nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just do it, Serum is the only synth I got that I can fairly handle in terms of proper sound design. :wink:
What I’ve meant is you don’t have to write everytime “100% native synthesis, Renoise only”, because it’s always like that. I would only write something about it IF there’s something unusual, not to say “special”.
Ok, 2027 at the latest. I expect your friends finishing their remixes in 2-3 years.

@lilith
So you released your song also on Bandcamp and Soundcloud but preferred to post a Spotify link first? Glad you came to your senses. I like your track. :slightly_smiling_face:

@alien7
Quality as always. Personally I think your best song 2023 is “Stranger Things”, but this is about YOUR opinion.

3 Likes

My monthly listeners dropped :joy:

This is the one I listened most to, but it might be because I worked most with it, and not because it’s the best one:

2 Likes

I have added all the soundcloud submissions I could to this playlist

4 Likes

Ah, a “Best of Renoise 2023” playlist. Nice idea. Now there’s a reason for everyone to post. :slightly_smiling_face:
You could also add the @lilith track. Even though @lilith REALLY NEEDS more monthly listeners on Spotify for whatsoever, he also got his track on Soundcloud, and here it is:

And if @hai_nguyen_dinh manages to release his already finished songs officially on Soundcloud, his track named “Black Magic Mirror” could be added, too. Provided next time the link was set the right way… :wink:

5 Likes

added

1 Like

My track is SunVox though… Does it count?

1 Like