When Is Rewire Coming?

It doesn’t sound annoying to me, both applications still cost peanuts together and they fill up for eachother.

UM…

The first problem I think will come if Renoise was to be a VSTi are the key commands… The HOST software would steal many of them, or for instance as in skale tracker VSTi - the play button would not work. And why does the play button not work? Would the Trackers and Cubase’s song really sync, if Renoise was to be a VST ? What if you pressed play in the VST Renoise and it would play in sync only the pieces you’ve made in renoise but not the ones you had in Cubase? That would definetely dry anyones creative juices :)

The real problem for many who have tried to make a vst tracker seems to be how to get all the keycommands working fully… And, due to the fact that whole sense of tracking lies in its intuitive and fast user interface, tracking is not anymore tracking if play button for example does not work. :(

I also think that one problem is that VSTi’s are not able to send song position data for the host (Though this works the other way round). So to overcome these problems: working keycommands, syncing the song positions, VST instruments processing etc. maybe the best solution would be to make a stripped (Re-Wire) version of Renoise that would - alongside playing samples - send MIDI data for the host.

There’s definetely no need for the Re-Wire or VST renoise to have any kind of VST stuff in it… I’m sure people using cubase want to open their vst’s in the main host - even though Renoise is a great host.

Hmm - the company issue sounds interesting. What about creating a Renoise Ltd. I heard those prices are not that high… Or a GbR ;)

[quote="#<0x0000562855721db0>, post:22, topic:17906"]

UM…

The first problem I think will come if Renoise was to be a VSTi are the key commands… The HOST software would steal many of them, or for instance as in skale tracker VSTi - the play button would not work. And why does the play button not work?
[/quote]

Not knowing to what extent that would happen, I can’t argue.

[quote]
Would the Trackers and Cubase’s song really sync, if Renoise was to be a VST ? What if you pressed play in the VST Renoise and it would play in sync only the pieces you’ve made in renoise but not the ones you had in Cubase?
[/quote]

Why would you want to press play in Renoise, except to audition whatever edits you’ve done, before hearing it synced with the host?

[quote]
VST instruments processing etc.
[/quote]

What about it?

[quote]
There’s definetely no need for the Re-Wire or VST renoise to have any kind of VST stuff in it… I’m sure people using cubase want to open their vst’s in the main host - even though Renoise is a great host.
[/quote]

If Renoise were a VST/VSTi, it’d be very important for it to have it’s own VST support. If I made some type of reusable component, like a beat pattern, I’d want to have everything packaged.</0x0000562855721db0>