Where do I get more Samples and Instruments?

Hello,

I registered Renoise and want to have a bigger collection of Instruments and samples.
But after installing the extension-packs not more are there. Where are the samples?

And I don’t mean the Samples from the download section…Is there another way to get more

Instruments?

Greetz

ZeroCool

http://www.mediafire.com/file/65awwok1eij223h/xmas+pack+renoiser.zip

1 Like

Hello,

I registered Renoise and want to have a bigger collection of Instruments and samples.
But after installing the extension-packs not more are there. Where are the samples?

And I don’t mean the Samples from the download section…Is there another way to get more

Instruments?

Greetz

ZeroCool

Really depends on what kinds of sounds you like. Renoise can play a variety of sound formats, from sfz and xrni to sound files like flac, wav, and mp3. These are all popular formats, and you can get free samples in these formats all over the web, just by searching. I’ve found drums, keyboards, synths, etc.

You can also capture instruments from your VST synths and save them as Renoise instruments. This is a great way to save your favorite synth patches for later use in Renoise.

Hello,

You can also save all samples (wav / flac) and instruments (xrni) that are embedded with your favorite renoise tracks.

And of course there are gigatons of wave samples all over the web (search for free sample packs to begin with).

Have fun!

Instruments?

Just to be clear, when you install Renoise there are samples to be found in the install folder (press the samples tab in the browser, then press the icon to the right of the browser above the first harddisk letter (= probably C:)).

The extension packs automatically install in the documents folder on windows here, dunno where with Linux or mac installs. In the Renoise gui, instruments can be found in the instrument selector _(next to ‘macros’ button in top left of the instrument editor)_and the samples from the extension packs can be accessed in the selector top right of ‘waveform’ view.

I think the extension pack samples are easily overlooked as users will most likely have their own methods of organizing sounds in their sound library & access them through the main browser.

You can also save all samples (wav / flac) and instruments (xrni) that are embedded with your favorite renoise tracks.

yep, also batch exporting all samples in one go using this tool;https://www.renoise.com/tools/exportallsamples

Also, whatever happened to sampling yourself? :ph34r: B)Click the record button in the sample editor and route some source to your soundcards input. Recently did a rhythm roulette thing sampling from 3 random vinyl budget bin sources for a project, great fun.

Thx 4 the interesting answers.
I will try to find new samples on much ways. And also try to drag and drop waves from the os to Renoise.

But only one question:

I like the youtube tutorials very much. Is it maybe possible to do one more Tuturial for Melody Building?