Where to put a new doofer

Hello mates, today i bought a new doofer and want to place it in my doofer folder/ list. How can i do this? Big thanks forward

Right click, save preset as :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks but that didint work. Sorry. I bought a doofer and have it on my drive. I wanna know how i can use it and how i can put it in my doofer list in renoise. Hope this is better to understand.
Big thanks forward

Hi @HAL9000 , if I understand correctly, you have a couple options. You can drag and drop the doofer onto the Renoise window (via your filesystem), or alternatively you can locate the doofer file via the Renoise File Browser. If doing the latter, youā€™ll need to use the ā€œOtherā€ tab, as the other 3 tabs are set up only to display specific file types .xrns, .xrni and audio files, respectively. The ā€œOtherā€ tab will display all files.

But if you want this to always be available, say as a preset, youā€™ll want to add it to your Renoise User Library. By default this is at ~/Documents/Renoise/User\ Library on macOS ā€“ Iā€™m not quite sure where it is on Windows systems, but the User Manual should have this info :slight_smile:

Hello nicolas, thank you very much. I have both mac and windows and your help message gave me the right infos. Great. But the doofer didnt work. Maybe there is something wrong with that. Do you maybe have time for helping me out in this case?
Big thanks forward

Where can you buy doofers?

1 Like

Hi Djeroek, thats not my question :wink: but i can tell you i saw it on youtube and there was a link where i can buy that one. It was in a package with some other effect chains.

perhaps you are mistaking doofers with vst plugins? Iā€™ve never seen doofers for sale thatā€™s why Iā€™m curious, could you share a link?

No mistakes, i am from ableton live and i use vst a very long time :wink: but i am new in Renoise and i just learn it and need some help. But i can say i love Renoise. Like i said. It was in an package with some effects and the doofer was inside of it. But i just have some problems to use it.

I sell doofers on my gumroad :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yeah :wink:
Greetings Master

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to say without more info ā€“ is the doofer not working because it does not load at all within Renoise, or that it does not do what it is expected? I donā€™t have access to the specific doofer, but if the .xrdp file loads successfully in Renoise itā€™s at least a valid file, if it doesnā€™t do what is expected, I would contact Groovining, as heā€™s an an active member in the community.

Hi, yes i just writing with him. Thanks for the hints.
Greetings

Good thing this thread was cleared up :thinking: