While waiting for Redux...

This might be a stupid question, but do you guys think we will be able to load vst’s into Redux?

see discodsp highlife sampler for this

Wow, massive screw up or something in the downloads area because I’m not seeing any news about all these new features?! Piano roll? Built in auto-tune? Save as animated GIF? Holy shit check the backstage!

Ok, so, I’m no Neil Degrasse Tyson but I think it’s still January on like, Mars?

^ I’ve actually been thinking about that since morning

… ]

https://forum.renoise.com/t/redux-when-does-beta-testing-start/40277

well no disrespect meant but that says reworked, not improved, i would garner from that that are being ported to the newer framework used in v3, but that is just my interpretation, with such little information ever given from the devs we are all guessing.
i just hope the devs are not expecting to make sustainable sums off this, the ten people who noticed it wss the end of january in this thread does not denote much excitement.

Renoise filters have been critized,
here and on the kvr forum.
Not just filter, but compressor or metering also,
so improving these internal FXs is much more logical step than just reworking them if you wanna step in with the new sampler.

i just hope the devs are not expecting to make sustainable sums off this, the ten people who noticed it wss the end of january in this thread does not denote much excitement.

Wait, are you saying ReVisit isn’t rolling in millions of dollars because a Tracker inside another host, at a time when the VST plugin echo system is imploding, isn’t what people want?!

Luckily the Renoise team is known for releasing fast and releasing often so they can figure this stuff from valid customer feedback, avoiding doing years of development for nothing.

No stress though.

/The Fonz.

Preemptive can we at least all agree that the Renoise Forums anthropomorphized as an angry mob is the one we all secretly love and desire? It’s cathartic.

well no disrespect meant but that says reworked, not improved, i would garner from that that are being ported to the newer framework used in v3, but that is just my interpretation, with such little information ever given from the devs we are all guessing.

Maybe you’re reading it wrong. It explicitly states that Renoise, long after 3.0 was out, would benefit from the reworking. I.e. shared source and concurrent development.

Why are you even worried? The team are much more capable of doing a cost-benefit analysis than we are, having a lot of crucial info and insight into the project(s). If they’re chosing to go this route to optimize theeffect of their work, I’m just going to guess that it’s done partly because

• it’s not a whole lot of work compared to banging out X new features that already exist in other DAWs
  • (it lets the devs focus more on differentiating the project(s) from other DAWs/plug-ins)
  • it’s not that hard to maintain
  • it opens a lot of creative possibilities, workflow improvements, etc for some
  • unlike what you’ve surmised by thread activity, it COULD extend the user base quite a bit, depending on traction

As we speaking…
I am very courious how much articles in Computer Music and 5/5 review on MusicRadar have helped sell Renoise :slight_smile:

Still January in some parts of the world… :wink:

I applaud your optimism :slight_smile:

Not really sure how this answers his question about Redux…but yes, I guess Redux will allow for loading VSTi, since it is simply the Renoise instrument in VSTi form.

Renoise filters have been critized,
here and on the kvr forum.
Not just filter, but compressor or metering also,
so improving these internal FXs is much more logical step than just reworking them if you wanna step in with the new sampler.

Yes, this and giving Redux some basic sampler features the Renoise one does not have yet (and hopefully bringing them back to Renoise also).

So like… new info by end of February then? Maybe?

I applaud your optimism :slight_smile:

Not really sure how this answers his question about Redux…but yes, I guess Redux will allow for loading VSTi, since it is simply the Renoise instrument in VSTi form.

Yes, this and giving Redux some basic sampler features the Renoise one does not have yet (and hopefully bringing them back to Renoise also).

i just mentioned that there is a VSTi sampler capable of loading other VSTi to sample and mangle it

This might be a stupid question, but do you guys think we will be able to load vst’s into Redux?

One can hope but it seems unlikely to me from what’s been stated. There’s only mention of .xrni + basic phrase editor. I.e. not instrument/effect plug-ins, arranger, etc. To paraphrase taktik, it won’t be Renoise in plug-in form. But who knows… maybe they’ve extended the feature set somewhat, since they had most of that in place over a year ago.

Or Blue Cat Audio PatchWork plug-ins for a very recent example.

Luckily the Renoise team is known for releasing fast and releasing often

This was sarcasm right ?

@jiku well Dblue mentions DSP chains in this thread https://forum.renoise.com/t/redux-when-does-beta-testing-start/40277

But maybe thats only built in effects. Would be so freakin awesome if its possible to open saved dsp chains (with vsts) from Renoise in Redux:D

One can hope but it seems unlikely to me from what’s been stated. There’s only mention of .xrni + basic phrase editor. I.e. not instrument/effect plug-ins, arranger, etc. To paraphrase taktik, it won’t be Renoise in plug-in form. But who knows… maybe they’ve extended the feature set somewhat, since they had most of that in place over a year ago.

Or Blue Cat Audio PatchWork plug-ins for a very recent example.

No it won’t be Renoise in a plugin. But I understood it will be the Renoise instrument in a plugin. And in Renoise 3 an instrument consists of three tabs: Sampler, Plugin and Midi.

No it won’t be Renoise in a plugin. But I understood it will be the Renoise instrument in a plugin. And in Renoise 3 an instrument consists of three tabs: Sampler, Plugin and Midi.

:slight_smile: I guess I’m conflating .xrni’s with samples-only, self-contained .xrni’s. Hoping you’re right.

@E.J. Yeah sorry, I meant 3rd party effects.

Just keeping low expectations. ^^ Even samples-only .xrni + phrase editor + internal DSP it’s going to be superb.

:slight_smile: I guess I’m conflating .xrni’s with samples-only, self-contained .xrni’s. Hoping you’re right.

@E.J. Yeah sorry, I meant 3rd party effects.

Just keeping low expectations. ^^ Even samples-only .xrni + phrase editor + internal DSP it’s going to be superb.

Yer it would but if its compatible with dsp chains containing vsts it would really be something else, and fully compatible with everything in a Renoise instrument:D