White noise/native synthesis challenge

That’s freaking amazing!! :clap:

1 Like

I’ve got to say, the detail and phrasing in the bass on this track is spectacular. Kudos.

1 Like

Really awesome! Sounds are spot on amazing, not sure how you managed all that from some white noise? :yeah:

1 Like

thank you, sirs!

not sure how you managed all that from some white noise? :yeah:

took a little work, lol. Had a lot of fun experimenting. I found you can get some really nice metallic tones by looping a small snippet of faded out WN and up-pitching it considerably. That was the starting point for a number of instruments in this track. I grabbed a sine wave for the kick and a saw for the bass from the ring mod using the trick from the video posted earlier in the thread - of course using a single sample width of white noise as the exciter!

3 Likes

I like to keep the bass moving. gives it life i think. there’s a lot of really boring psy out there

plus I come from a family of bass players, lol

2 Likes

seems like this challenge is petering out… anyone else gonna have a stab at it?

will likely issue a new challenge soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried, was very happy with the sound designs I made, but also very unhappy with the musical ideas I had, and want to try something else with the instruments. Thing is, I am currently moving and have little time and energy left for the project. I will still try to make a great tune out of it, also doing the “only noise_white_mono as starting point”, but it might take me some time to be happy with the results. I will try posting the results (also the .xrns) in this thread nonetheless, even when it was already abandoned.

Curious to what the next challenge will be! This one was real fun!

1 Like

All good! No time limits on this. My hope is that others will want to take a shot at it as well, even when the thread is quiet. Glad it was fun, and definitely submit at your leisure!

I’m thinking to drop some other native synthesis challenges in time, but will probably shift gears for the next one… unless y’all want another native synthesis challenge for the next one, because I have an idea… lmk if so!

2 Likes

The challenges are fun ways to get out of the normal work flow and learn new tricks. Plus it’s cool to hear what other people make from an analysis standpoint. Maybe drop a new challenge every month?

1 Like

sure. every month is good and I may just drop em whenever. call me an anarchist if you must :upside_down_face:

You’re a loose cannon!

Hmmm…

Cannon challenge?

1812 remix challenge…

Cough cough ok I’m done

1 Like