Who Needs Rewire?

I hear a lot of demand for support for Propellerheads Rewire. It’s ok, but how about building in support for Jack?

http://jackit.sourceforge.net/

It has audio in and out. And it’s open source. And the mac has JackTools for easy setup.

Another alternative for audio routing is Soundflower (+ Soundflowerbed). From what I’ve experienced with Jack is that it works off your existing audio interface, so if you have a card like the Audiophile 2496 you’d be limited to 4 channels of simultaneous recording. Soundflower shows up in your Audio MIDI Setup as either 2 ch or 16 ch interface. I was able to effectively use it today to route audio into Logic. Recorded 7 channels at the same time. Worked out very nicely :)

The only problem was MIDI clock synching the two applications ;)

Here’s the link (www.cycling74.com) if you feel like checking it out.

PEACE

Hm. Soundflower… thanks, I’ll have a look.

nobody

i read a thread here in this forum about syncing renoise to cubase via midi-yoke and midi-slave capabilities in renoise.
i tried it, and it works, really. (with FL studio)
though, if you want to use asio for both applications, you’ll need a soundcard like the emu ones, which have more asio channels you can use simultaneously.
i tried it with direct-x and it’s ok. but my terratec ewx card, only allows one program using the soundcard at all, if asio is enabled. so everything gets f***** up when opening a second audio app.