Who Used / Is Still Using An Amiga?

i think some of you might like this…

i found the original mod of shadow of the beast 2 ingame tune…
i made a remix of it, well “kind of”
same song but better orchestral instruments (remastered)…
song is short but it sounds nice :D

http://rapidshare.de/files/15747402/beast2…2remix.mp3.html

enjoy :drummer:

note : credits to original creator of amiga’s psygnosis shadow of the beast 2 song :w00t: i think it was “Tim Wright”

How the hell do you download off of that thing (Rapidshare)?

EDIT: Disabling proxy apparently camouflaged me enough so I could download without waiting 40 minutes(!!). What a lame service.

yes i know… im sorry but i couldnt find a good server to upload to…

well anyway… first page you click “FREE” then next page you wait about 20 seconds then you can choose between mirror “Alpha” and “Omega” … click on 1 of those 2 and type over the code from the picture showing next to it…

<_<

Weird, I didn’t see anything like that. At first I was told to wait for 40 minutes because I had already downloaded some 50 megs worth of stuff from Rapidshare and when I disabled the proxy, the download commenced as soon as I clicked Free.

Anyone remember shoot-em-up-construction kit?

Me & a mate made a couple of games which ended up being called Killernobs from hell (1 & 2), which entailed varoius rude bits shooting other rude enemies, you could put your own samples in, animated sprites from deluxe paint, choose from horizontal or vertical scrolling, end of level baddies made up of several sprites, and create an executable version to put on a floppy!

Everytime I played the game, I couldn’t get past the first level because of my sniggering, but it was actually quite playable, although the collision detection was poor!.

Cool, this is turning into a retro thread where old memories just keep popping up again :) I spent quite some time with the shoot-em-up-construction kit, but I never managed to finish anything. It was like fun at a start, but the game play feeling was missing. Maybe because of the collision detection.

Talking about construction kits, do you remember Red Sector’s demo creator? That was soooo cool back then. Unfilled vector boxes and “the juggler” animation built with sprites. :w00t:

Yes I remember my Amigas started tracking and spent a lot of time pixeling on those in Dpaint, Brilliance and PPaint. I also played around with that shotem up construtcion kit. When everything started to become 3d I thought I would never have use for any of the skills I aquired but in comes mobiles and I now have use for my old skills when doing mobilegames.

It was one of my childhood dreams come true when I a couple of years ago did the graphics and levels for this game :)

You can try a demo of the game here: Its very hard but a tip is to double the size of the emulator screen.

http://www.midlet-review.com/index?content…un#Screenshoot3

It had to be done with a fixed pallette of 256 colours rgb 332 and was done for a 8bit really slow mobile so thats why it doesn’t happen very much on the screen.

As for games… nothing can beat Turrican II. The game and the even more the soundtrack by Chris Huelsbeck are still ruling my ears here :)

I used to play that quite a bit too, only thing that put me off Turrican II, was that when I got down into some caves, it crashed & I got really annoyed. Still loaded the game every now & then to listen to the great title tune. I believe it was done using 8 channels too.

just read that huelsbeck also did the tunes to blood money. (menace 2) it’s been a while (years) i haven’t played it, but the music is still in my head. :)
at the time i used to play it ididn’t care who made it, but now i know… ;)

I was inlove with octaMED sound studio for a long time, but around 1996. there were Symphony, a 256 channel tracker for Amiga that has excellent sound [14bit paula] and also had command lines for Cutoff&Resonance and interface very similar to OctaMED but commands for play, stop, record etc were on F-keys - so it was very very hard to me to use this program as shortcuts didn`t follow the standard [as in OSS]…

To me - the best shortcuts were in ProTracker [and now in ReNoise]! It expands your creativity [among very bad shortcuts in OctaMED S.S. that you had to use several keys to get the same you used to get in ProTracker for example] :)

Ahh these were times… :) I still use Amiga [actually my father that lives in my home town], he works every day with PageStream, typing and printing tons of books and documents… It is all done on PPC Amiga 170mhz, BVision, 20GB HD towered + 060 processor :) Ah yes, and there I have Prelude soundcard I got for free from Marc Albrect long time ago, great developer of Samplitude sound editor [amiga version] :)

I still have my Amiga 1000 (yea, the original) and it still works fine. I fire it up once in a while to use Dr. T’s KCS, M, Music Mouse, etc. I also have Amiga Forever, which allows me to actually hook up my PC to my Amiga (through a cable I soldered up myself) to transfer files. I’m able to transfer sequences from Dr. T’s to my PC, and load them up in Sonar with no problem. :D

waaaah! TEAM DOYOBI! I`m a fan from Russia!!!
Keep working!

I use amiga rarely. I own a600 and 1200 with blizzard!

“we also programmed our own modification of noisetracker using max/msp”

can you shed some more light on this as I’m really interested to hear how/what & where you done this! How did you incorporate the amiga & Max/Msp?

AMIGA OI OI OI

yer this computer was different.
it had a connection that wasnt physical or needed IRQ’s- it was the connection of the
SPIRIT

I still have sum amigas that soon Im gunna fyre up for music again.
Its tru. Those sound chips are friggin grand.

I used DPAINT, watched nearly EVERY DEMO IN THE UNIVRESE.listened to A MILLION+1 mods. Used Noisetracker, Protracker constantly.

Was in a Aussie demo group called Cydonia.

Now I have done a full circle from those Amiga tracker days to playing live music, learning instruments, performing live circus’esque shows , studying at a Conservatorium and now back to ‘Renoise’ To keep writing tracks for live sets.

I love the Amiga . The demo’s blew my mind , The music soothed my soul and the games entertained my imagination!!

Thats my 2cents. I better stop too or i’ll go to deep and end up in Paragraph styles
peace

http://www.4players.de/4sceners.php/downlo…/demos/797.html - There it is :) Chris Huelsbecks Turrican Music

jonas’ post about jesus on e’s in the renoise song forum has got me all nostalgic.

i still have my amiga 500 somewhere in the basement, i bought it for £4.60 when i was 16 (6 years ago).

came with loads and loads of warez and demo’s, even had octamed, tho at the time i couldn’t make head nor tail of it. might even dig it out over the summer and give med a go.

at the time tho i was all about the retro gaming. it was b4 i had a pc so i just used to go out to car boot sales and buy anything i could get my hands on. emulation is not really quite the same …

i used to love syndicate and speedball 2, tho syndicate was hella slow on my machine.

my fave games were the sensible software ones. the cannon fodders and, best of all SENSIBLE WORLD OF SOCCER. i pwned all at that game it was soooooooooooo good. and in '95-'96 newcastle were awesome awesome awesome.

memories …

Hi, first post. There’s an amiga thread so I have to start here.

When Commodore was about to be shut down in the mid 90’s, I wrote “Amiga forever” on my A1200 with a silver, permanent pen. :wub: Well, I was young, and dedicated… and naive, I guess.

I used my Amiga mostly for games, but one day I asked my dad to buy me GVP’s DSS (Digital Sound Studio), a tracker with audio editing and sampling capabilities (it came with a nice interface that allowed me to sample my hardcore techno and rap CD’s). My production skills were limited, as well as my sound collection… but it was fun.

I discovered Renoise a few months ago, and as soon as I have finished my exams I’ll use it on a daily basis. I’ve only seen it in action and I love it already. :w00t:

lol, I made almost the same thing, only that I partially disconnected one of the cinch cable to achieve the same result… no need to weld I think! :P

Somewhere in the attic at my parents house is my Amiga 500, bought in 1987 and started my musical career on it too around that time.

It has a hard drive (a measly 20 MB if I recall correctly) and makes a noise like a jet taking off. :lol:

I used the very first tracker by Obarski on my trusty 500, used all the incarnations that followed it, after ProTracker I went to the pc using Impulse and after that I got more and more musical hardware and needed better MIDI and syncing. After checking out Renoise and FL Studio I now use Ableton exclusively.

But this ol’ Renoise forum has a nice feel to it, so I stop by now and then to check up what you all have been doing. :)

The latest thing I’m working on is this track, what a long way we’ve all come since 1987. :rolleyes:

I guess it’s the same with you guys, I have a box full of old 3,5 inch floppy’s that contain tracks but will never ever see the day of light again…

Rave on… :walkman: