Why Does Renoise Sounds So Good?

there’s quite a simple solution to this problem. just slap the person hard in the face.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: for reallllllllll!!!

The sound of Renoise;

I do agree that it sounds great.

I have, at various times, shown this software to people who are not into computers and audio, or whatever and they all thought it sounded very good.

Because assembly language is closer to machine language, which is closer to the soul of a computer’s native language, and everybody knows that soul sounds good?

Explains why fruity loops sounds so bad, being written in some variant of pascal or something! Not keeping it real at all, there. And god forbid, youtube is written in flash or whatever. Sounds like crap!

it sounds good because there is a microscopic chief engineer in charge of sound quality. That and the wires are bigger.

:P

I dont question so much, jsut enjoy

This is my take on it as well, I don’t need to know why; I am just glad that it does. :w00t:

i don’t get why anyone is brining up assembly. isn’t maths the same in any language.
the end result is the same.

what assembly is great at is making things faster than anything else.

hahaha - i love the backroundmusic of this one - it sounds soooo good - think i`ll buy it!

iTs actually @ByteSmasher inside Renoise puttin #lofi on ya Master.

Because the filters and cabinet simulator are nice and good?

there are oompa loompas inside making it work !!! :badteethslayer:

It sounds exactly the same as any other DAW if you do the same things with it.

This is not true; Ableton for example has totally different sound & quality, I would agree that Renoise & Fruityloops have similarities in sound, though.

It sounds exactly the same as any other DAW if you do the same things with it.

This is not true; Ableton for example has totally different sound & quality

If you take a sample and play it without effects then it should sound identical no matter which DAW it is.

Likewise, if you’re using a VST plugin exactly the same way in each DAW, then it should also sound identical in each DAW.

There is no magic “summing engine” or anything else taking place at this basic level, no special proprietary magic, no reason whatsoever that any one DAW should sound better or worse than the other.

If any DAW was doing something “special” at this level which coloured/alterered the sound, you can bet your ass that their customers would be complaining non-stop, asking why the hell their sounds were being fucked with.

When you start introducing DSP effects to the project like EQs and filters, re-pitching sounds, and so on… this is where the differences in the native processing between DAWs will start to reveal themselves.

But at the most basic level, this common discussion of one DAW having better/worse “sound quality” than another DAW is total bullshit, and nothing more than simple placebo that humans unfortunately seem rather vulnerable to.

Don’t believe the hype!

If you take a sample and play it without effects then it should sound identical no matter which DAW it is.

Likewise, if you’re using a VST plugin exactly the same way in each DAW, then it should also sound identical in each DAW.

There is no magic “summing engine” or anything else taking place at this basic level, no special proprietary magic, no reason whatsoever that any one DAW should sound better or worse than the other.

If any DAW was doing something “special” at this level which coloured/alterered the sound, you can bet your ass that their customers would be complaining non-stop, asking why the hell their sounds were being fucked with.

When you start introducing DSP effects to the project like EQs and filters, re-pitching sounds, and so on… this is where the differences in the native processing between DAWs will start to reveal themselves.

But at the most basic level, this common discussion of one DAW having better/worse “sound quality” than another DAW is total bullshit, and nothing more than simple placebo that humans unfortunately seem rather vulnerable to.

Don’t believe the hype!

Mixbus is exception here :slight_smile:

Mixbus is exception here :slight_smile:

When playing a sample/recording through the DAW at its original frequency, original gain, without any effects or EQ being applied, then it should sound completely transparent and identical to the original sound.

Ideally, the output should be bit-for-bit identical to the original recording and should pass a null test, though this is not always necessarily required, or may not be possible due to (very minor and boring) low-level technical reasons.

Regardless, if the output is being altered or coloured in any way that makes it sound noticeably different vs the original recording, then something is seriously wrong with that software.

I don’t care who you are, or how much history and “prestige” you have in the audio business… if your software can’t output exactly what I put into it at that basic level, then your software is not worth my time.

This is not true; Ableton for example has totally different sound & quality, I would agree that Renoise & Fruityloops have similarities in sound, though.

WHy don’t you test things out for yourself .

Load in some samples created with either program , invert phase and sum ., repeat for every program .

Instead of spreading your own belief as facts …

I can tell you that samples created either in renoise /fl studio /ableton …cancel each other out when imported in said programs .

if U turn off #warping this is tru. Also didnt say fl or renoise sound much different. :unsure:honestly me cant stand #live users; they all have this elastic audio kind of warped mindset… :drummer:

Renoise sound so nice because you crazy mad ass motherf*cker can make such good noise with it!

When playing a sample/recording through the DAW at its original frequency, original gain, without any effects or EQ being applied, then it should sound completely transparent and identical to the original sound.

Ideally, the output should be bit-for-bit identical to the original recording and should pass a null test, though this is not always necessarily required, or may not be possible due to (very minor and boring) low-level technical reasons.

Regardless, if the output is being altered or coloured in any way that makes it sound noticeably different vs the original recording, then something is seriously wrong with that software.

I don’t care who you are, or how much history and “prestige” you have in the audio business… if your software can’t output exactly what I put into it at that basic level, then your software is not worth my time.

But when your sound is going through analog mixing console (this is what mixbus is simulating) it has to be changed, no?