¿Why not directly remove internal sampler and use Redux Instrument?

I was thinking about that since long long time…

Now that we have the sampler available as plug-in i found redundant and non productive (seen from the developers side) maintain these two sources. I think is more beneficial exclude the integrated sampler from the main project and concentrate separately in two projects. There are some important missing features in Renoise (like audio tracks) and i think with this approach the dev. team will have more time to address it.

I know its a tracker and since the old-days the sampler was integrated (i think mainly due to hardware limitations and pre-vst era) but at these times i think is another history. The most professional DAW today dont use any integrated instrument in the main source but only proprietary or third party plugins.

This is my ¿crazy? idea and do not want to offend anyone.

To be honest this is the worst idea i have ever heard.

No. Just no.

To be honest this is the worst idea i have ever heard.

Explain why is the worst idea you have ever heard. See Aodix, it’s based only on plugins and it’s from the original creator of Renoise and one of the greatest music software programmers of all times.I do not think this approach is wrong

I think the devs already managed to use the same source code base for both compilations of Renoise and Redux. And everything from Redux will come to Renoise, too. Would say that the opposite is more true: Since they now have to support lot of DAWs with their plugin, they have to do lot of more bug fixing and testing.

Aodix was a new sensational concept, but also had lot of disadvantages and wasn’t so complete from conceptional view, and as far as I remember, Arguru always made his own vision of a music editor and never listened so much to the users… I would say the best in Aodix was the way it displayed the note data. It was not the sampler.

Other DAWs do not integrate a sampler, well, in my opinion that’s because these devs have no real conceptional ideas anymore. It did not changed really since 1985. Most of them never used a tracker, so they just don’t know how easy it can be to use samples (I know someone working at Steinberg you know…). I would claim that the workflow heavily improves and speeds up, if the sampler is integrated.

And to say other DAWs do not integrate a sampler, well, in my opinion that’s because these devs have no real conceptional ideas anymore. It did not changed really since 1985. Most of them never used a tracker, so they just don’t know how easy it can be to use samples (I know someone working at Steinberg you know…). I would claim that the workflow heavily improves and speeds up, if the sampler integrated.

Are you sure that devs. from Steinberg, Presonus, Ableton, Propellerheads,…don’t know what is and never used a tracker?

Are you sure they don’t have any conceptual ideas since 1985? Let me doubt.

And about the heavy improved workflow of integrated sampler vs plugin sampler …partly true

Renoise and Redux development goes hand in hand.

Everything we do for Renoise (related to our native sampler) will benefit Redux.

Everything we do for Redux will benefit Renoise.

There’s no reason to separate them.

Explain why is the worst idea you have ever heard. See Aodix, it’s based only on plugins and it’s from the original creator of Renoise and one of the greatest music software programmers of all times.I do not think this approach is wrong

If i wanted Renoise to be like another DAW i’d use another DAW. I like the way Renoise is developing and i see your suggestion as a step backwards instead of a step forward.

Nothing against your personal opinion of course, i just don’t agree at all.

If i wanted Renoise to be like another DAW i’d use another DAW. I like the way Renoise is developing and i see your suggestion as a step backwards instead of a step forward.

Nothing against your personal opinion of course, i just don’t agree at all.

Sometimes you have to do a step backward to move forward.

It’s not he case because as dblue said seems this is the correct way. I just wanted to give my opinion since there are a forum named “Ideas and suggestions”.

I love trackers, i love Renoise and if i think there is another way to do some things and help the development i want to share it with you. Same way if they consider my idea is not acceptable and harmful please eliminate.

Heh, the devs might think it’s a cool idea because…this way you can sell 2 products (renoise + redux) instead of just one (renoise) to people who want to maintain their workflow. Generate cashflow. Mooo!

No, seriously, your idea was probably that when the 2 products were seperated, it’d be less work to maintain each? This not like how it works. Sure, they split the sampler from renoise a bit and gave it own gui and plugin format. But the core code is most probably the same. Only gui design and some plugin quirks to be maintained. Programming is like…you have a bunch of building blocks, glued together to products, and can reuse the very same ones in different products. It’s not really like the same work has to be done twice. And many people would cry being presented with a tracker that has no builtin sampler.