Will Renoise Ever Work Like Revisit?

I agree with Nula. Renoise is supposed to be a tracker - thats why I bought it - and a nicely laid out tracker it is too. Now that I know that Renoise can be ‘wired’ to synchronise or pipe its Midi data to other DAWs… I think Renoise is just fine the way it is. For me, its does all the Midi tracking I want to do (and even that is something special given that trackers were primarily sample based).

but… it could ALSO be a tracker…? hybrids in nature are often superior ;)

ReVISIT has gone PRO!!!

while we are on the cubase topic…
so if i hate logic pro will i also hate cubase?
I was wanting to try cubase…
People say it is unstable, so on mac it would even be more so?

not that anything else will replace renoise…
I’m just wondering if i would be wasting my time by even touching cubase.
Because I hate logic pro… but it’s the “pro” standard and I might have to get into it if i take sound design courses.

oh but i agree, with what was said about sequencers being good for recording and stuff, but no so much for composition.
so i guess im wondering if cubase is any different from logic?

Sequencers replacing sequencers… i guess the terminology is a bit sad sought, but the tools that matches your workflow is what counts the most.
Every application might have some trick that enhances your workflow, but not in its entirety.
For that reason the strategy to release Renoise in a VST edition is actually a pretty good move.
But it also requires a lot of adaptations in the core of the software regarding hardware control.

if renoise will work like vst its will be amaizing and the next stage of trackers develop

This is quite an old but still interesting idea, but if we release a VST version of Renoise, then it should behave like an instrument and not like a full features “synced” sequencer like for example ReVisit. For such things ReWire is the way to go.

So there should be no song in the Renoise VST, just patterns that are triggered via notes (for example). This way you could program beat patterns in the Renoise VST and play them in the host of your choice at any time, even live.

Would it have to be samples and native effects only or can you host VSTs from within a VST?

But even a stripped down version as a VSTi would be interesting. I don’t personally use any other hosts at the moment but sure there are plenty of people who would give it a go, especially within the likes of Ableton for live sets.

Actually the best idea i have ever heard :)
Then i could load the Renoise VST into a simple host like XT and just trigger that patterns live on a keyboard, Awesome stuff for live work

Cheers

PS yes VST plugs can host VST plugs ala the aforementioned XT