Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 11. Experience with Renoise?

Has anyone upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 while keeping Windows 11 files (documents, programs …)?

How about your experience with Renoise? Does it work the same? Works better? Does it work worse?

I understand that Renoise has “special treatment” with “the windows” of the Windows 10. Maybe in Windows 11 it works better?

I’m talking about loading dropdown menus, loading VST-VSTi plugins, loading LUA tools and these things …

Can you tell your experience here?

Windows 11 user is here, Absolutely no problem. Performance is the same. It makes sense cuz Windows 11 based on Windows 10.

Thanks! I really expected Windows 11 to work better with windows. I don’t know if there are any advantages internally for Renoise to work better.

1 Like

I’m on Windows 11, hasn’t caused any problems.

Windows 11 won’t let me put my taskbar on the right side of the screen though and in full screen it covers up the bottom of Renoise & every other DAW uggggh :rage:

1 Like

As far as I know, it is currently only possible to move the taskbar up, through a change with Regedit in an Explorer property. But the task bar at the top will not show the tooltips, since it is designed to show these tooltips upwards.

Windows 11 still does not correctly accept the taskbar on the right or left. It is not designed for this yet. But I guess they will update it later.

I had to buy a new computer cause my old one was dying. It came with windows 11 intelcore7 and the biggest problems I’ve had was that some vst3 plugins don’t work properly. Example Omnisphere vst3 could not scroll in menus and there was some issues with some knobs. But Omnisphere vst64bit work just fine.
And also AAS Player just crash the program as soon it’s activated.
Other than that it works fine for what I have experienced.

Right now, my only issue is Renoise only recognizes Waves plugins from 3.2 and lower. I’m not sure if that is an issue with Renoise, Waves or Windows.

I also updated to Windows 11 a while ago. No problem here. The new 22H2 update also runs without issues.

Windows 11 has been absolutely fine for me, although I did a clean install rather than upgrade.

Upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 while retaining your files and programs is a common transition. As for Renoise, it’s great to hear that you’re exploring its performance on Windows 11. Software compatibility can vary, but generally, if Renoise worked well on Windows 10, it should perform similarly or even better on Windows 11.
For more insights or if you ever need help with Windows keys or related topics, there’s a helpful Reddit thread with affordable Windows keys.
Feel free to share your experiences with Renoise on Windows 11, as it can be valuable information for others making the transition.