Windows 7 x64 support in future releases

Nothing. But you should ask this question to all the software developers and the hardware manufacturers, because it’s them who don’t support it anymore, so every user is forced to move on, whether Win7 is good or not and whether you like it or not. I do understand your point completely and I’m also pissed that Win7 isn’t getting supported anymore (I mentioned my powerful i7 PC at work which performance and security is getting suppressed by Intel and Microsoft because I sticked to Win7, which was a mistake if I think about it afterwards), but that’s the way it is. It’s always like that, operating systems are always changing every couple of years, and every software is getting adapted to it, which means it may not work on previous systems anymore. So what’s wrong? I can tell you what’s wrong. Money makes the world go round, that’s wrong. But you have to make the best of it, that’s the only task you have to fulfill. And in this case it means to drop Win7 and to move on.

because i know that the development of Renoise relies in a few people

Thanks for important information.

Can’t disagree with you considering mentioned facts.

2 Likes

I get your point completely.
But currently i have more than enough of compute power to do any task i want and i don’t need to upgrade my software. Because it’s pointless. For example, Vegas Pro with each new version reach new level of low in terms of bugs.

So I have 2-3 years to get used to Linux. But definitely not to windows 10-11-12.

1 Like

Possible future releases will support Win 7 64b for 99%. Renoise is made with C++ and doesn´t use specific Win libraries like .Net.

1 Like

Added some benchmarks:
https://trackerninja.codeberg.page/post/my-daily-driver-rig-based-upon-ryzen-5950x-running-windows-7/

Source: StatCounter Global Stats - Windows Version Market Share