Windows: Freeze loading preset file in Sektor VST plugin, renoise 3.2.2

Specs: windows 10 64bit, i7-7500U, 16gb ram
When I try to load any preset I made for sektor (version 1.3.9) it immediately crashes the plugin. The presets were ones I saved in renoise as .fxp files. I loaded up an instance of sektor and didn’t have anything else loaded in renoise and let it idle for a bit and I got a Renoise Has Stopped Working message O_O. On renoise version 3.2.1 it was working perfectly fine. So far all my other plugins are working as they should.

what does the .log file say?

Also, did this happen once only or every time? If this happens with a specific preset file only, could you please share the preset file with us?

It seemed to happen with every preset I made every time.
VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate C:\Users\Todd\Music\installed VSTs\Sektor 64bit.dll
VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin ‘Initial Audio: Sektor 64bit’, Unique ID:1399551090, Version:2400
VstPlugs: Enabled HiDPI display support for plugin ‘Initial Audio: Sektor 64bit’
VstPlugs: Instantiate OK

VstPlugs: Caught exception in VSTPlug::Dispatch

Warning Message: Ouch. The VST plugin ‘Initial Audio: Sektor 64bit (from Initial Audio)’ crashed in VST event/function: ‘Dispatch’, Thread: ‘GUI’
Warning Message: IMPORTANT: This is a fatal error. Please save the current document under a !new! name to prevent losing important data. Renoise will silently ignore any following errors from this plug-in.
Warning Message: DO NOT IGNORE THIS ERROR; DO NOT CONTINUE USING THE PLUGIN. THIS CAN DESTROY YOUR SONG OR CAUSE OTHER RANDOM CRASHES AND PROBLEMS!
Warning Message: It’s most likely that this is a bug in the VST plugin, so please report this problem to the authors of this plugin in order to get the problem fixed!

Turns out even with 3.2.1 still installed if 3.2.2 is installed the same issues happen even on 3.2.1. When I uninstalled 3.2.2 sektor worked as expected once again on 3.2.1.

Actually I forgot a large portion of those presets I had saved when sektor was running in carla rack on linux before linvst quit working on some stuff for me… I loaded one that had nothing to do with carla rack and it worked properly. Still not sure why renoise 3.2.2 became completely non-responsive and had a windows error message while sektor was idle in it though.

It’s indeed very unlikely that this is a problem. Renoise installations are completely separated, so installing or uninstalling a new version will not affect the other ones in any way.

This more likely seems to be the problem then. Could you share such a preset with us please?
If this is the problem, this very likely also isn’t a Renoise problem, but a problem in Sektor. We can forward this info the the Sektor devs if you want, but it wouldn’t hurt if you also report this to the initialaudio crew.

Ok but I’m pretty sure that’s just how it is if you save a preset as .fxp with carla rack. https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2u7q6k4wja00hb/raiden%20atari%20jaguar%20lead.fxp?dl=0