Windows: How to route one VST to another in Renoise?

So I was looking at the vst Kirnu Cream which is an arp generator and was trying to figure out how to route this to another sound generating vst. Am I missing something? I can’t for the life of me figure out how this is to be done. Do I do it through the midi tab, or the mix tab using a routing element? Or is there some other prefered method?

Unfortunately, Renoise does not yet support MIDI plugins.

Many people use the energyXT VST as a workaround.

um, well ok. That is unfortunate.

You can do it via jack and jack-plugin-host also.
Use Renoise as a midi output, route this output into some plugin running in jack plugin hosting app and route it back into the renoise into some instrument. Then press play and record and everything will be recorded in the sequencer :slight_smile:

You can use Carla from kxstudio, the new beta version has a vst plugin so you can use it in renoise to host any plugin format. It has a routing patchbay so you can load midi plugins and route them in to whatever you want next in the chain.

http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/News/?action=view&url=carla-20-beta3-is-here

Meef Chaloin: But it is very slow and unstable for me :-(.

unfortunately i am mostly using windows now, so jack and kxstudio aren’t options at the moment.

so, i wonder would it be possible to make this work using LoopBe or MidiOX? Guess I’ll have to dig into it.

unfortunately i am mostly using windows now, so jack and kxstudio aren’t options at the moment.

There are builds of Carla for Windows.

Meef Chaloin: But it is very slow and unstable for me :-(.

Really? That’s a shame. Maybe try the git version and build it yourself if you haven’t already, I know it’s being developed a lot at the moment and it’s been quite stable for me so far.

There are builds of Carla for Windows.

Well, I will be checking that out. Thanks!