Windows: Scanning Waves VST3s sometimes crashes other plugins

Renoise crashed before i could open it!!!So i cant really say what happened however it seemed to be scanning vst3 waves plugins i think…

This also has been happening in previous versions too, the template when loaded has waves plugins already on the channels.For some reason most of them load except for one which is odd because other instances of the exact same plugin remain valid

I had this WavesShell issue a few times here too when multiple WaveShell versions where present and when the VST2 and VST3 instance of the Waveshell got scanned in the same run.
It’s hard to nail down what exactly the problem is, with all the different shell versions and VST2 and VST3 versions of it though.

Please note that it’s unfortunately also pretty normal that some plugins crash during the first scan. VST3 support is new, so your plugins never got seen and scanned before by Renoise. As long as the broken ones are correctly sorted out after a few restarts, this is expected. If those plugins do work fine in other hosts let us know please, so we can try to find out more info about this.

Never had any problems in any other daw but i will check this evening to confirm when i get home from work and let you know.