Windows vst in Renoise for Linux

Hello!

My windows vsts don’t come up on the plugin list. I have wine and yabridge installed and the plugins work fine in carla. Any ideas for why is this happening?

Edit: im running Ubuntu Studio 22.04

A few questions:

• Is Carla using the yabridge bridged plugins, or is it bridging the plugins on its own? I ask to make sure because Carla can bridge Windows plugins without the need for yabridge, so there may be some confusion there;
  • Do the plugins show up in other DAWs? You can test this with the Reaper or Bitwig demos, or with Audacity
  • Are the plugins installed in the right path? The paths are normally ~/.vst and ~/.vst3, so if yabridge is properly installed, each of these directories should have a yabridge subdirectory with the installed Windows plugins

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Im running yabridge as i intend to use the plugins trough renoise, without having to use carla as a vst inside renoise
  • ill try them in another daw
  • the plugins are in the correct folders, with the PATH variables set alright

I was able to get some native linux vsts to show up on the list

i have the same problem renoise see my linux vst but not the yabridge vst someone have a solution?

i seem that the old folder of my yabridge folder is in memory and the new path didn’t appear(i see vst i deleted)

Does it work now?

yes

1 Like

i deleted all the old file of yabridge,uninstall yabridge and yabridgectl and install again and it works

1 Like

ok, good to hear. I also have yabridge since 3 weeks and I’m impressed!

yes yabridge is cool (in add there is a lots of freeware wich work with it)