Wisdom Spam

Have you ever spent a minute to read spam mail?
I recently did… and was quite surprised by a couple of mails.
I guess they need some text to fill the mail… in order to fool the anti-spam filters… so I’ve come to read pieces of books (but haven’t recognized any so far) untill I’ve come over a collection of weird “quotes” and aphorisms
That was quite fun to read! I wonder where they came from…
( cut+paste for you to enjoy )

Compassion is the antitoxin of the soul: where there is compassion even the most poisonous impulses remain relatively harmless. Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. I would have made a good Pope. A man can’t be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems. Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life. The mistakes are all waiting to be made. The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they’re yours. Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Grove giveth and Gates taketh away. Love is the immortal flow of energy that nourishes, extends and preserves. Its eternal goal is life. The game of life is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law. I’m living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart. Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure. Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her. Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back. Many a man’s reputation would not know his character if they met on the street. If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough. The difference between ‘involvement’ and ‘commitment’ is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was ‘involved’ - the pig was ‘committed’. Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law. The only difference between me and a madman is that I’m not mad. When ideas fail, words come in very handy. This book fills a much-needed gap. A narcissist is someone better looking than you are. Three o’clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do. When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite. The instinct of nearly all societies is to lock up anybody who is truly free. First, society begins by trying to beat you up. If this fails, they try to poison you. If this fails too, the finish by loading honors on your head. The nice thing about being a celebrity is that if you bore people they think it’s their fault. Egotist: a person more interested in himself than in me. A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. He who has a ‘why’ to live, can bear with almost any ‘how’. Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake. A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. The full use of your powers along lines of excellence. Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstances. Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. Dancing is silent poetry. Facts are the enemy of truth. No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand. I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure – that is all that agnosticism means. If you haven’t got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me. Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are. Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long after he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money - but long on hugs. The game of life is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well. Grove giveth and Gates taketh away. What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them. Fill what’s empty, empty what’s full, and scratch where it itches. We have art to save ourselves from the truth. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you. When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. What do you take me for, an idiot? Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order, will lose both and deserve neither. I think ‘Hail to the Chief’ has a nice ring to it. Whether you think that you can, or that you can’t, you are usually right. Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake. A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines. Who so loves believes the impossible. A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both. Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough. Wit is educated insolence. Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems. What the world really needs is more love and less paper work. Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Talent does what it can; genius does what it must. It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid. Love is the beauty of the soul. Can miles truly separate you from friends… If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there? Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life. If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a shp, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars. Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are. Books are the shoes with which we tread the footsteps of great minds The great thing about a computer notebook is that no matter how much you stuff into it, it doesn’t get bigger or heavier.

Sometimes they repeat themselves…
that made me even think this was some sort of secret coded key to something else… :huh: Bah… :lol:

the matrix has you :blink:

do you know number stations ? there are stations on the shortwave bands where someone reads number, for hours, at a specific time, and there are quite some of them. look for “the conet project” on amazon or your favourate p2p-program to get abit into this, its very interesting. and maybe this spammail is a new way of that.

:blink:
WTF! I have to find out more about this!

Edit:
Ok, after some Altavista (take this, Google) I have found some stuff.
For anyone interested, here is a page where you can listen to sampled and encoded broadcasts from Number Stations from all over the world.
Number Stations
This is very interesting! I have even found attempts at cracking the codes… but I don’t know if they can do that… <_<

Man, I’m just… divided on this one!!

A part of me is fascinated, another can’t understand WHY I’m fascinated, a third part just find these pieces of mp3’s plain and simply SCARY beyond reason!! (Play in darkened room on high volume, you’ll freak out!)…

And the fourth just thinks… how cool this would sound in music! :P

exactly what i felt…

exactly what i thought…

:)

Well, of course there is always BT with Fibonacci Sequence, although that is not fully as scary as the number sequence makes sense, and comes with an explanation.

plus the fibunacci sequence doesn’t have a communicative meaning
and the scaryness of the radio numbers is further enhanced by the bad soundquality and that shortwave noises. kinda pushes the trigger that those mystery and conspracy movies installed in my head :)
especially the first sample that starts with that musical box melody…

Kinda? To me it pushes the trigger big-times :D
It’s sort of scaring to think that behind those number there was something like “all agents report immediately” or “mission aborted” or “go signal received, kill the bastard”…
Anyway, Sago, as always happens, you perfectly depicted my mind.
I have come to think about using those… not only, by the time I’ve been turning the pc off to go to sleep I was thinking that the next BeatBattle should really be titled “Number Stations” and feature one or more of these mp3 :)

I found the Conet project stuff quite some time ago - I have all 4 CDs :)

It’s such amazing, interesting and intensely creepy stuff. I love it. You can play around with the samples, mixed with some lovely analogue sounds from VSTs like ImpOSCar and Oddity, and very easily make music that sounds like Boards of Canada, haha.

Here’s a clip of a rough one I did a while ago:
http://dopedesign.com/kieran/music/2004/db…bocstyle002.mp3

Dblue I really dig/like that! :D
Perfect atmosphere! :lol:

Yes, spam is f****ing crazy.

http://spamrecieved.blogspot.com/

An archive of contemporary marketing gone horribly surreal. Better than TV, better than Art, it’s spam?

From parsecs “matrix”:

"Three o’clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do. "

The spammer must have been an Englishman. 4 o’clock is about that time here at +1 GMT :D

These are good also:
[i] "Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind. "

"If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough. "

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. " [/i]

And of course the eternal wisdom of:
“If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.” :dribble:

Have y’all seen the movie “PI” by Aronofsky, about a deranged mathematician seeking meaning in the decimals of the numer pi. It has a really cool minimalistic otherworldly soundtrack also. I recommend it highly.

Spam like that would be really a good material for a book. Ofcourse its a code :rolleyes: …It could be a way for codebreakers to get the right people. If you can encode that you can get a job at some top secret code breaker thing :)

My top C.I.A contact reveals that its the top secret coded message:

WOW_you_really_read_our_messages@more.spam.pls.com

Apparently if you send a message there you can “w1n fr33 prizes”
:D

OMFG!!! After staring on this for hours, I suddenly can see the encrypted message!!!

omg, how come you know about them?
It was like 5 years ago, when I did some SWL and it was always exactly as Sago said: scary and mystic.
None really found out what they are good for, isn’t it?
By now I’m thinking that it’s just some DX games. So people are just trying to find out how far they can get with those informations they send.

hmmm… nah, that just makes no sense… look, why would you constantly change the body of the transmission if all you are concerned with is “how far will this be received”? Why the need for numbers? There is an “effort” behind.
There is someone who “built” the broadcast. There are “1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0” numbers recorded there… and if you just had to test the broadcast distance (and if you were to use a voice)… wouldn’t you just use that instead of cutting (and at that time I bet there was no Renoise) it to single numbers and shaping weird-meaningless numeric lines? This makes no sense…
Numbers are mixed following a precise intention… so It IS a code, I have no other reasonable explanation for that.

Yes, what you say is actually quiet reasonable.
The thing is that no one could ever tell what those stations are good for, except of guessing.
As I said, it’s not easy to find a reason why someone would mind using the internet or a cell phone or at least a modem (which would just be faster) to broadcast his informations. Here in Germany you will be told ‘to stay out of otherones business’ once you ask the BAPT (which controlls all the the broadcasting here) what those stations are.
That’s actually another reason to say that you are right.
But then, if you check out the shortwave band around midnight, you will hear some hobby stations talking to each other about the weather and god. Sometimes they use different modulations than AM or FM, they use SSB to get ‘farer’ than they usually would. Now, my guess is that playing numbers with a low speed might be safer than a fast data transmission (it won’t be destroyed that easily) => just another way to get farer.
Why they don’t simply speak into the mike might just be because of a passion or something. But I won’t say that you are wrong, Parsec. I can’t prove my guess in any way. Could also be good for the military or something but I just gave up to belive in that.

And I obviously can’t really “prove” nothing on my side too.
But we can guess… in order to find the most reasonable theory :)
So it’s “personal passion” against “military secret”…
First token to go on the Military theory is that, as evidence, numbers stations have changed details of their broadcasts or produced “special”, non-scheduled broadcasts in response to extrordinary political events, such as the Russian constitutional crisis of 1993 …and another token comes since a 1998 article in London’s Daily Telegraph quoted a spokesperson for the Department of Trade and Industry (the government agency that regulates radio broadcasting in the United Kingdom) as saying, “These [numbers stations] are what you suppose they are. People shouldn’t be mystified by them. They are not for, shall we say, public consumption.”

I’d add that the presence of precise schedules repeating everyday is something that goes beyond the simple “Personal Passion”.
Mind I do a lot of things for personal passion… but have you had a look to a schedule? Have you seen how DENSE is the broadcast?
This is rather suggesting that is some sort of obscure “service” rather than plain, spontaneous communications.