Would renoise be able to run on the new Yoga Book with Windows.

I’m considering on purchasing some new hardware and was curious if renoise could run on it. I think it should but i’m not sure. What do you think? thank you.

Yoga Book with Windows

Specs:

Processor

Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8550 Processor(2M Cache, Quad-Core, Up to 2.4 GHz)

Operating system

Windows 10 Home 64

Display

10.1" IPS LED LCD Touch (1920x1200)

Memory

4.0GB LPDDR3

Hard Drive

64GB

Network Card

11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi wireless

Bluetooth

Bluetooth Version 4.0

Battery

2 Cell Li-Polymer

Sure it would.

Does it have USB? A lack of that might dissuade me.

It seems to be micro USB.

:frowning:

I wouldn’t expect too much from it in term of performance however. That CPU has a clock speed of 1.4GHz (turbo to 2.4GHz) from what I’ve researched. Higher clock speeds consume more power so your battery life will suffer. 4Gb of RAM, which is also shared by the video subsystem (the GPU is on the CPU chip) along with Win10 isn’t going to leave you much room …

Benchmarks: http://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-intel_atom_x5_z8550-606

IMO it looks like a nice unit but I think you’ll hit it’s performance ceiling easily.

Cheers.

It would work well for simple chip music and such, but it will probably struggle with a lot of 8x oversampling filters and such. I’d say it definately would not cover my needs for full production usage, my i5 laptop should perform better than this Yoga Book, but still far from the performance i need.

For sketches and such it would probably do the job just fine.

Use samples and little effects and you should be good.

thanks so much for the responses guys. :yeah:

Glad to get some input. kinda bummed how low powered it is but i guess it’s more of a cosmetic / basic laptop than for performance in the end. The lack of usb ports does hinder controller use and is kinda backwards in my opinion, but i am kind of interested in using midi over bluetooth/wifi. Guessing could be a good way to break out the good old samples, instead of using plugins to condense file size and optimize performance.