Write Automation

I would suggest a “write automation” option for parameters, such that e.g. a hydras input controlled by lfo can be written for one pattern (modal action like render) and then disable or finally dispose of the lfo. LFO is maybe not the best example but formulas or signal followers or chains of meta devices…

It looks like a good idea. I often use some random LFO parameters in my compos. And sometimes, some random parameters make it, but some new random parameters won’t make it during another song playback. So, storing the full LFO controlled sliders positions could help me to keep only the good song playbacks in memory. For now we can only record in automations mouse-controlled sliders positions. But indeed, it would make some sense to be able to also “record” EVERY KIND OF “target sliders positions”… by target sliders I mean, each slider that is controlled by a meta device, whatever it is. It could be interesting to store the result of a *LFO device, but also some *Signal follower ouputs. BTW there are 2 ways of storing sliders positions : (1) in some dedicated pattern parameters’ columns, (2) in automation envelopes. I think that recording things directly in the pattern could be done faster but would not be as precise as high definition envelopes.