Writting To Wav - Just A Clip

ah sorry to keep posting guys … but i just registerd and noticed that the .wav writer doesnt have any option to write a selection of the song to wav, instead of the whole thing. mad tracker had this like you could set it to write from pattern 1A - 4F or whatever. i need this kinda option because i export alot of partial like 4 bar clips to use as referance in cubase and stuf like that.

so whats the easyest way to get around this … asside from deleting every pattern from the pattern list except those you want exported, and then export the whole song. is there some way to create a loop of only certain patterns to export. please say theres a way to do it …

No… :(

But there has been a lot of discussion of rendering only one or a few patterns to wav. There would be some problems with getting the correct automation, effects etc at the start of the render. Search the forum a bit and you’ll find it…

k man thanks for the response. renoise krew … i know you can figure this one out. please conciter fixing this!

It would only be a small problem and I suggested a solution to that. But there are so many features on the todo list…

Personally, this one would be huge for me. It’d be great for exporting clips to be used when I perform live (I use Ableton Live) and it’d be nice for giving WAVs to other people for remixes, etc.

I don’t see why it would be a problem, really. It could be minimally implemented so that it just renders exactly as it would if you just hit play in that exact spot and even that would help me out a great deal.

I really liked how Buzz had machines that could capture audio output and save them to the WaveTable… If there were a MetaDevice that could do the same, you could do really anything you wanted with it and it would also work around the problems that there are with setting up effects, etc. That would also allow you to put the effect on a send channel and, for example, send all your drums to it so that they would be written to a WAV.

You could also do modular synthesis type things with this and do cool tricks like playing a drum loop for three bars, sampling the third bar of it and then for the fourth bar playing it in reverse, doing a “stop” effect (a la Windowlicker), pitching it down, etc…

its a huge thing for me too i hope they can sort it out soon …

Check out Tobybear’s Channel Grabber…