Xorg Server Error when running Renoise (linux)

Nvidia 1660 super
Ryzen 5 3600x
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

I have posted about this on the Arch linux forums but I haven’t found a fix so I’m hoping there is someone here who knows about linux and what is causing these Errors.

When Renoise is open I get a “Fatal Server Error”, which leads to me needing to reboot.
This only happens when I have Renoise open.
I am using JACK audio sync and have a Scarlett 2i2 Interface and an Alesis v49 MIDI controller plugged in.

This is my Xorg.0.log

This is the journal from the journalctl -kb -1 command

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does that happen randomly or by simply starting Renoise?

Is there anything interesting in Renoise’s log file?

I’ve had Renoise open for a couple of hours now and it seems to be working fine now. Beforehand it would happen randomly, normally within the first ten minutes of Renoise being open.

Where can I find Renoise log file?

Open Renoise → Click on the “Help” → “Show the Log File…” menu entry.

Here is the Renoise log from one of the crashes.

This is a general linux issue and nothing to do with Renoise or any X application. Either your X session works and applications can render to it or if not, the application will crash.

In your logs Renoise complains the X11 ‘rug’ was pulled out from under it:

1. System: X ERROR: Connection to the X server was cut. Bailing out...

It looks like you updated your driver without rebuilding DKMS modules or probably just needed to reboot.

Dec 13 23:01:56 archbtw kernel: NVRM: API mismatch: the client has the version 495.46, but
                                NVRM: this kernel module has the version 495.44.  Please
                                NVRM: make sure that this kernel module and all NVIDIA driver
                                NVRM: components have the same version.

Just bumping this thread as I am suddenly experiencing this error again. I have tried rebooting and updating all packages but the error is still happening.

However in my Xorg.0.log I am getting an error message that I wasn’t getting before and I’m hoping someone here has an idea of what is going on (Taurus K320 is my keyboard).

[   202.023] (EE) event16 - Hoksi Technology DURGOD Taurus K320: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 30ms, your system is too slow
[   316.932] (EE) event16 - Hoksi Technology DURGOD Taurus K320: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 48ms, your system is too slow
[   331.822] (EE) event16 - Hoksi Technology DURGOD Taurus K320: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 19ms, your system is too slow
[   394.478] (EE) event16 - Hoksi Technology DURGOD Taurus K320: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 45ms, your system is too slow
[   397.023] (EE) event16 - Hoksi Technology DURGOD Taurus K320: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 39ms, your system is too slow
[   397.023] (EE) event16 - Hoksi Technology DURGOD Taurus K320: WARNING: log rate limit exceeded (5 msgs per 60min). Discarding future messages.

I have figured out that this crash only happens when I am holding a key down to play a note.

Also my Keyboard is Plug-and-Play, I am not aware of any drivers or software for it.

I am running JACK Audio Kit and I assume this is something to do with my latency but that’s just my guess. In case it is caused by JACK I will list my main settings and see if anyone thinks I should tweak something.

Sample Rate = 48000
Frames/Period = 256
Periods/Buffer = 3
Latency = 16 msec

Execute Script After Startup = pactl load-module module-jack-sink channels=2; pactl load-module module-jack-source; pacmd set-default-sink jack_out

Would greatly appreciate if someone could get back to me on this.

Crash log: