Your Favourite Quotes

http://johann-lau.de/favourite_quotes
http://johann-lau.de/lieblingszitate

Was he on TV when he said that? :P

Good one… B)

‘To give birth to a dancing star, one must have Chaos within oneself’ -Nietzsche

im not sure if he was talking about disco here…

lol @ nietsche disco :P
Borges quotes:

One concept corrupts and confuses the others. I am not speaking of the Evil whose limited sphere is ethics; I am speaking of the infinite.

It is venturesome to think that a coordination of words (philosophies are nothing more than that) can resemble the universe very much. It is also venturesome to think that of all these illustrious coordinations, one of them — at least in an infinitesimal way — does not resemble the universe a bit more than the others.

My undertaking is not difficult, essentially… I should only have to be immortal to carry it out.

such an awesome author, master of the short story

lmfao

Lady Astor: “If I were married to you, I’d put poison in your coffee.”

Churchill: “If I were married to you, I’d drink it.”

“Too many sheeps and not enough shepherds. Let’s all sit back and have a long hard think, then make something different! We can all do it, surely?” © Aphex Twin
“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” (с) Bob Marley

Live today to the fullest, tomorrow is not promised.

“40-50Hz from those is like a wall falling on you”

someone on the Speakerplans forum, referring to a certain stack of subs

Life is hard, and then you die - Dempsey

from the excellent tv-series Dempsey and Makepeace.

We lost the war on drugs . . . let’s party! - My brothers T-shirt.

Some of my personal favorites -

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery” - Dante Alighieri

“Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself” - Jean Paul Sartre

“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.” - Isaac Asimov

“An artist must be free to choose what he does, certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose.” - Langston Hughes

ok… a friend working at a hotel here in Norway, recently got a rather mindblowing question from an american tourist that stayed at the hotel - which makes up my favourite quote so far this year:

“So… do you have the same problem with icebears here in Norway as we have with the negros back in the New S of A?” - american tourist visiting norway

and he was not kidding, I assure you! :P

WHAT THE FECK IS UP WITH A QUESTION LIKE THAT?
american renoisers: defend yourselves :ph34r:

“Hell is other people” Jean-Paul Sartre

edit: after reading that Sartre reply, it may look like I was defending the rascist but I was not.
edit: “defend yourselves” should be the American mantra…
edit: …defend yourself from hate groups, toxic dumps, the raping of greedy businessmen, education system, etc.

“Nothing lasts… but nothing is lost.” - William Blake

“You’ve got to be conscious in everything that you do.” - Asian Dub Foundation

“Property is theft.” - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

“Sow life around you… Struggle so that all may live this rich, overflowing life. And be sure that in this struggle you will find a joy greater than anything else can give.” - Peter Kropotkin

“If I can’t dance, I want no part of your revolution.” - Emma Goldman

“This machine kills fascists” - slogan written on Woody Guthrie’s guitar

“Be the change you want to see in the world” - Mahatma Gandhi

“Just sex, drugs and literature.”