Your Top5 Computer Games Soundtracks

nobody seems to remember the blood money for amiga soundtrack.
really really liked it back in the days…

i will never forget the good old days (of my youth ;) ) with …

Turrican
Boulder Dash
Giana Sisters
Rock’n’Roll

and in this time I was very impressed from Chris Hülsbeck, Jochen Hippel and Manfred Trenz …

excellent!

1. gabriel knight 1 (this is VERY good, very strange original atmosphere)
  2. LBA 1 & 2 (2 was better) (wasn’t 2 called twinsen’s odyssey, also brilliantly original)
  3. megaman 3 (SNES)
  4. Doom 2 (and 1)
  5. sonic the hedgehog

Brrr… blooooood moneyyyyyy…it was nagging me… kling klang klong Dollar, dollar, dollar…

was nearly as extreme as the the game where you wer a kitchen robot (I why did I served fired eggs every time?)…I`ve fogotten the name…

And somebody managed Xenon - I loved one as well as 2 - The only games I managed to play to the end…that means I solved the case ;)

• Last Ninja I (C64)
  • Last Ninja II (C64)
  • Monkey Island II (PC)
  • Giana Sisters (C64)
  • 4D Boxing’s “Hall of fame song” (PC)

Oh, I forgot Unreal, the first game.

f****it:

1. final fantasy 6 (snes)
  2. chrono trigger (snes)
  3. secret of mana (snes)
  4. megaman 3(nes)
  5. tetris sphere(n64)
  1. Transport Tycoon
  2. Fallout
  3. Doom 1
  4. Epic Pinball
  5. Turrican

and other games like: Vietcong, Ve stínu havrana (In a shadow of a crow), Wolfenstein 3D, Railroad Tycoon II, The Incredible Machine :yeah: :drummer: :guitar: ;)

I don’t really want to put a number on these, exept those on top, who really run a dead race too, hehe… When playing Smugglers Run on GC I would just forget about the real missions and roam around, listening to the exellent techno tracks, jumping hills and generally just joyride the way it was meant to be done! :) Sonic 2/3-tracks are on my MP3-player.

1. Sonic 2/3 (MD)
  2. Metroid Prime (GC)
  3. Smugglers Run - Warzones (GC)
  4. Zelda 3 (SNES)
  5. Super Probotector, a.k.a. Contra 3 (SNES)

And for the damn close bubblers:

Blood (PC)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Tetris Worlds (GC)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Batman 1/2 (NES)

Also, the modarchive-game rocked!!! :D

funny, at this very moment I am sitting at chimerical childs place, because we have a gig this thursday at the “games convention” with remixes of old game-musics … I dont think anyone will be there, however I just wanted to mention that. It was also planned to do a gig at the evoke the weekend after that but this wont happen due to some problems with the GEMA …
however, since we do this stuff we had to listen to quite some old game musics, so this topic fits me neatly …

I have to say first that I never had an amiga, I had a C64 a gameboy and a PC, I played some SNES when it had its time and alot of SNES later with an Emu.

So, some of my favourates include :

C64 :

Last Ninja 3 - the intro music is as intense as it ever got on the C64.
Turrican - the intro music is nice, but some of the in-game 2-channel musics are simply amazing
maniac mansion - there is a brushed version done by JCH with better instruments, its great
zak mc kracken - now this is a very special track … I love it because it simply “odd” music which makes only sense with that SID-Chip.

SNES :

FF6/3 - I played that game for regularly for about half a year, and the music is simply engraved in my head.
Chrono Trigger - the same as with FF3
SF2 - the main theme is one hell of catchy tune
EVO - I dont think many people know about this game, it was all about a little fish which went through the stages of evolution in a jump and run-like game, great theme-song

PC :

Doom1 - its great MIDI-Rock, what to say more.
Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory - Amon Tobin … I didnt like the stuff he did lately, but his music for this game is just marvelous.
Evil Genius - the bossa music there is just lovely
Far Cry - by far the best example of “dynamic music” I ever heard.

and from the amiga, though I never seen those games, just heard the music in the past weeks :

Jaguar JX220 : There is a tune called “backgroundnoises.mod” with a very catchy organ lick
elfmania : great tunes
blastar : the same

This is however a totally incomplete list, I am sure I could think of more if I would be less drunk and tired :)

Turrican 1 & 2 music (Amiga)

Pinball Dreams (Amiga)

Speedball 2 (Amiga)

Comando (C64)

X2 Main Theme (PC)

Probotector (Sega Mega Drive (the german name of Genesis))

Jumping Jackson (Amiga)

Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge (Amiga)

XJ-220 Jaguar ingame music (Amiga)

Moonstone (Amiga)

Gods (Amiga)

the Need for Speed Series (PC)

Fallout 3 (PC)

GTA (PC)

…and much more…

Minecraft.

Nothing else.

Really hard to narrow down to 5… no particular order.

1. Fallout 1&2

2. Homeworld

3. Unreal Tournament

4. Emperor - Battle for Dune

5. Neo Scavenger

bonus:

(6 Space Pirates and Zombies)

here is what i remembered first

1. Shadowrun
  2. Shinobi (dont remember what the most of them)
  3. Blood Shot (love the sound of opening gates and ambient)
  4. Quake (i like the sound of rocket launcher the most)
  5. Fallout New Vegas has nice radio in it.
  1. Fallout New Vegas has nice radio in it.

Did this used to have more music in it that they lost the license to or something? I got the game more recently…I like some of it but it seems to be like 3 tracks on repeat, which is weird for a game that uses licensed music as a radio type thing

Though not “PC music” Etrian Odyssey III’s music OST was made on the PC-8801 and sits atop one of my top soundtracks in general.

My favorite:

I have yet to really determine my top 5 but Yuzo Koshiro’s work stands out for me.

I really should break it down in renoise tho lol.

I could go on about this for ages…

Some greats rather than a top 5:

Sanxion (C64)

Driller(C64)

Tetris(C64)

R-Type(Amiga)

Mass Effect (PC)

Bonus points: Ocean Loading Music (v2)(C64)

Did this used to have more music in it that they lost the license to or something? I got the game more recently…I like some of it but it seems to be like 3 tracks on repeat, which is weird for a game that uses licensed music as a radio type thing

wow. how you play it?

i have an old ps3 blue-ray disc,
and i have all the tunes on several stations,
lucky me.

wow. how you play it?

i have an old ps3 blue-ray disc,
and i have all the tunes on several stations,
lucky me.

Downloaded it(steam), a hardcopy like yours shouldn’t have that issue(if it is one, could just be a bug for all I know)