Your Top5 Computer Games Soundtracks

As most of you posted their fav. Albums of all times, I wanted to know, if you have any favourite computer-game-soundtrack (System independent)

1. Giana Sisters - Chris Hülsbeck (c64)
  2. Turrican II - Chris Hülsbeck (amiga)
  3. International Karate (Rob Hubbard)
  4. Ikari Intro (Unknown) C64
  5. Spijkerhoek 3 (Falco Paul 20 Century Composters) C64

final fantasy 3 american (final fantasy 6 japanese) [SNES]
mega man 3 [NES]
dance dance revolution (yes, i play this) [arcade]
silverball plus 2 [PC]
thief 1-3 (yes i know, they don’t really have music, just ambient sounds, but they’re beautiful) [PC]

1. Turrican II (Amiga)
  2. Wizball (C64)
  3. Commando (C64)
  4. X-Out (Amiga)
  5. Shadow of the Beast I (Amiga)

Rambo FB II (Loader!), Giana Sisters, Bubble Bobble, Ghostn Goblins, IK+, Green Beret… (all C64)

http://remix.kwed.org/
http://remix64.phatsites.de/

1. Megaman 2 (NES)
  2. Metroid (NES)
  3. Zelda 3 (SNES)
  4. Super Metroid (SNES)
  5. Super Mario World (SNES)

I’d like to include the soundtrack to Mafia (PC) here aswell but since it was recorded by Django Reinhardt sometime in the 20’s or 30’s I don’t think it really qualifies as “game music”.

I’m also pretty sure I forgot dozens of games. Like… didn’t Little Big Adventure (PC) have a great soundtrack? …I can’t really remember. But what the hell happened to the LBA games anyway? I loved them! :(

i don’t know, i played that a few years ago, but i don’t remember it having very much music

1. Ghouls n’ Ghosts C64 (Tim Follin is ze best!)
  2. Megaman 3 NES
  3. Final Fantasy VIII PS1
  4. Theme Hospital PC
  5. Monkey Island PC (any of them, so this is cheating)

About LBA, I think there were a few songs there, but the whole thing was so well intertwined with what happened in the game. Definitely some of the best games I’ve played, both 1 and 2.

Easy…

1. Doom 1 (PC)
  2. Pinball Fantasies (PC)
  3. Demon Stalkers (PC)
  4. Xenon (PC)
  5. Myst (PC)

And Outrun just misses out!

I remember Xenon2 - megablast… Would’ve been in my personal Top 10, but just the Amiga Version…

1. Wipeout 2097 (PSX)
  2. Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
  3. Ghost in the Shell - Limited Edition (PSX)
  4. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
  5. Silent Hill 2 a/o 3

DDR rules!

Der… of course I mean Xenon II Megablast… what was I thinking?

I’d say Crime Wave too, but that was just a direct rip of Momentary Lapse of Reason… But then again that’s what makes Doom so good, most of the songs are pre-existing metal songs.

Riven was pretty awesome too… Not as good as Myst.

haha i am embarassed to post this but if you wanna hear a f****ed up “remix” me and a friend of mine did of the magnet man theme from megaman 3… it’s something we started together like 6 years ago in impulse tracker but didn’t work on it again until about a month ago and we finished it up in renoise. we sorta gave up on composition during the chorus and ended up looping one pattern that accidentally had a really badass bassline and freestyling some really bad rap vocals for about 3 minutes :lol:

http://www.wfu.edu/~duckwocs/displacing_no…man_dub_mix.mp3

edit: it’s funny as f**** because we talk about “gangsta life” but the area we live in is so well off that about 95% of kids that went to our highschool had cars of their own by the time we were juniors. it has a really low crime rate on this side of the county :w00t:

It’s quite good compared to spoof mixes I’ve done.
Convinced me more than once. Especially with the part after it went smooth like ice tea. B)

Nearly cried when I read that you come from a place with no crime. How did you get past 14? :o
Can’t picture what life would’ve been like for me if I hadn’t been introduced to society’s lesser elements in my formative years.
But I have to go now, the guard is winking me back to my cell.

Wepwesent!

Hard to be limited to a Top 5 only, but there you go…

1. Turrican II (Amiga) (and pretty much everything else by Huelsbeck - I even had the whole game soundtrack on tape for listening to it over and over again)

2. MechWarrior II (PC)

3. Sonic CD (Mega CD) (never owned the Mega CD myself but still had to pick up the game just for the soundtrack)

4. Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/… (Amiga) (pretty much all parts… Olof Gustavsson just rocked)

5. One Step Beyond (Amiga) (so many cool little tunes)

1. Dragons Breath (Amiga)

2. Turrican 2 (Amiga)

3. Shadow of the beast (Amiga)

4. Projext - X (Amiga)

5. Metroid (NES)

oh shit man i forgot ecco the dolphin

:w00t: Damned - there are so many fantastic tracks here.

Only five? No way!

1. LBA 1 and 2
  2. Sim3000, 4, The Sims (Jerry Martin is da man!)
  3. Rayman Designer
  4. Fallout 1 and 2
  5. Need for speed 2, 3, 5 (aaaah… Romulus 5 :wub: :wub: :wub: Does somebody know who made the music to NFS 2 and 3?)
  6. Unreal (Alex Brandon’s “Dusk Horizon” is amazing!)
  7. Commando (who doesn’t like it?)
  8. Giana Sisters
  9. Lotus III
  10. Creatures 2
  11. ModArchive Story 2 (heh, game by Nifflas. Awesome music!)
  12. Way of the Exploding Fist
  13. Wirtualne Puzzle - Samoloty
  14. Starcraft
  15. Warcraft 3 - The Frozen Throne (I love the human theme from TFT)

And probably LOTS of others I’ve forgotten at the moment.

EDIT:

Just noticed Pinball Fantasies on the list here, I love this one too!

Shadow of the Beast (Amiga / Psygnosis)

Worms Amageddon - Soundtrack by Björn Lynne

maybe no one heard these:

1. Jazz Jackrabbit (the PSM files are mods. go demoscene!)
  2. Streets of Rage 2 (Sega)
  3. Sonic the hedgehog games.
  4. Street Fighter (2…3…alpha…ect)

I just really dug games that used MOD/S3M music. Xixit and One Must fall. Zone66 had cool for FM music (music by tracker CC catch and Tran)

other than that, we’ve been playing megaman games lately. (and yes 2 and 3 have good music… but the remixes are good, the original is chippy!)

check out ocremix.org for remixes
:D

I could not cut it down to just 5…

Max Payne 2 endsong “Late goodbye” by Poets of the fall.
Homeworld (the credits song)
Turrican 2 Amiga Chris Huelsbeck
Xenon 2 Amiga
Lost Patrol Amiga
Project X endsong by Bjorn Lynne
great giana sisters