[yup] Can we expect 3.1 this year?

Interesting to see that 3.1 is confirmed and devs don’t aim for a bigger jump to increase revenue. I take that as a sign of them working as hard as they can manage, releasing it a.s.a.p. to push the version numbers forward :slight_smile:

Development afterburner: We’re a tiny team, managing a huge project. BitArts will disagree, but conception of features definitely is not the bottleneck in our case. Realizing them is. Another dilemma is: To double the output of what we are currently doing, I’d guess we’d roughly need 4-8 times more people working on the same things that we are currently working on. Reason for this is the project’s complexity and its dependencies.

Yes, I disagree, while I totally get your point. Maybe we both just have a different understanding and imagination of providing concepts. I didn’t mean just throwing wishes and oh-so-clever ideas at you, but real support and real relief. I’m not only talking about usability-, signal-flow or audio concepts here, but also about entire class design, algorithms, routines and similar things, in UML for example.

Of course I share your thought, that specially knowledge of dependencies could make this difficult and be the biggest problem. That was part of the point I had in mind with “coders should steer discussions”.

Pre 3.1 beta download ritual… after sobering up and the tears have all but dried up like yesteryear’s crop.

“I’m gonna have me some fun”

Renoise meetup/workshop in Berlin this Saturday.

At the Workshop:Danoise will be presenting a new tool called xStream.

Wait a second, is this even possible? Wouldn’t something like this require LuaJitwhich is not in Renoise 3.0?

Deep thoughts.

Renoise meetup/workshop in Berlin this Saturday.

At the Workshop:Danoise will be presenting a new tool called xStream.

Wait a second, is this even possible? Wouldn’t something like this require LuaJitwhich is not in Renoise 3.0?

Deep thoughts.

I thought that :wink:

Spoiling the party as usual: No LuaJit required for that.

Please use common sense and the odds ratio. Calculation! More cats, porcupines that increase the chances that this will be classified as oxytocin and inversely lower chance of any team member can give a clue as to where that might occur, so you will not make the poor cat stupid face all the time and every time to control forum news of the day.

Omg Please I need dis Renoise devs, :wacko: I’m getting sick and tired of using plogue’s sforzando since it keeps on crashing my sessions. I just want dat dedicated .sfz/.sf2 workflow.

Omg Please I need dis Renoise devs, :wacko: I’m getting sick and tired of using plogue’s sforzando since it keeps on crashing my sessions. I just want dat dedicated .sfz/.sf2 workflow

https://www.renoise.com/tools/additional-file-format-import-support

http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html

It will also convert Soundfont sf2 to sfz, giving you the opportunity to change and fix the way it plays back.

https://www.renoise.com/tools/additional-file-format-import-support

http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html

Don’t you have to roll back to R2.8 in order to do it the file format import way?

I loved sfz+ professional by rgc:audio when it was still around, but eh sfZed will do for now.

As it’s no longer developed you can download Vember Audio’s shortcircut if you need a free SF2 VST.

Have used version 2 for a while but not extensively.

http://www.vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php

Plogue’s sforzando is a very solid free sfz player. Imports sf2. No graphical editor, only text.

to those who are @ Deadline party in berlin …

be prepared for some new tune … ofc all done in renoise :slight_smile:

also taktik … was isn jetzt hier mit renoise?

oh, and how come i am only a local chief member, whereas i am with renoise since the very beginning?

i am so sad wright nao

also taktik … was isn jetzt hier mit renoise?

Hehe, genau. taktik, halte uns nicht so lange hin :smiley:

Plogue’s sforzando is a very solid free sfz player. Imports sf2. No graphical editor, only text.

I would agree if my sessions didn’t keep crashing but, the sooner we get R3.1 the better for all of us :stuck_out_tongue:

oh, and how come i am only a local chief member, whereas i am with renoise since the very beginning?

i am so sad wright nao

it only depends on your post count

I would agree if my sessions didn’t keep crashing but, the sooner we get R3.1 the better for all of us :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you contact them? Plogue devs are pretty nice and responsive at their forum.

I’ve yet to have sforzando crash, but I don’t use it all that often, I only use soundfonts in a very transitory way before usually converting them to another format. I use it instead of TX16Wx (which also does SF2/SFZ and has a good free version available) just because it has better sounding pitch-shifting (for instruments only sampled every third key or whatever) and apparently it supports all of SFZ format’s more advanced features, which most of the other free players don’t. They just need to include a graphical editor, I hate editing soundfonts in a text editor. Anyway shortcircuit (free; I recommend the 1.2 version, not 2+) also loads soundfonts, as does Kontakt (though Kontakt auto-converts them to its native format).

funny_ball_ad.jpg