36 replies to this topic

#26 afta8

afta8

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 19:59

Updated for R3 and also added a preference option to enable/disable the tool for pre-fx volume faders.

Find it on the tools page: http://www.renoise.c...s/multi-volumes
  • danoise, Cie, tL One and 2 others like this

#27 kopias

kopias

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:13

Nice tool - Thanks

I have added one more shortcut - ON/OFF Switch - that replaces the other two if someone is interested:Attached File  com.afta8_.MultiVolumes_V0.4.xrnx   3.41KB   105 downloads

• afta8 likes this

#28 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 19:06

Interesting, I suppose it does make more sense to have a single shortcut to toggle it on and off. I'll check it out and incorporate into a future release.

Thanks

#29 kopias

kopias

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 14:48

Since there is no way to select multiple tracks in mixer and sometime its inconvenient (or you work on small screen like me) to have pattern matrix open, what do You think about adding two more shortcuts that will work in mixer:

- Add track to pattern matrix selection

- Remove track from pattern matrix selection

- or another switch that will replace those two :)

I`m a little inexperienced with lua but i can try to implement that when i will have some free time and find best solution empirically.

Edited by kopias, 25 May 2015 - 14:51.

#30 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 22:00

It could be done, but how would you know which tracks are selected without the pattern matrix open? 

Feel free to add it to the tool and I will see what I can add to it as well, let me know if you need help with lua

#31 kopias

kopias

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:35

ok first draft for testing ( maybe we could use github pull requests)

track colors in mixer should be enabled

my shortcuts setup:

ctrl+~       to on/off

shift+~     toggle track selection

let me know what you think

p.s. color_blend values are hard coded and there is one issue to resolve but i`m tired.....

(besides i didn't know what i was doing till i have done it - code could be much better)

Edited by kopias, 19 June 2015 - 08:52.

#32 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 17:48

I like the way you have used track colours here.

Just a thought... how about if you draw a selection range in the pattern matrix that covers the tracks you want to control. Then you hit a shortcut key and those tracks are then controlled by the tool.

#33 kopias

kopias

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:57

I like the way you have used track colours here.

Great to hear that - I can make "release" version (add settings, cleanup) with this colors plus maybe on/off toggle if you like to add it "officially"

Just a thought... how about if you draw a selection range in the pattern matrix that covers the tracks you want to control. Then you hit a shortcut key and those tracks are then controlled by the tool.

Sorry i don`t understand what you have in mind could you elaborate on this.

I use pattern matrix LeftMouseButton drag to select, shift+LMB select to, ctrl+LMB to toggle track

#34 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:23

Great to hear that - I can make "release" version (add settings, cleanup) with this colors plus maybe on/off toggle if you like to add it "officially"

Sounds good, this would probably easier if I were on Github right? I never quite got my head around it but will look at it again, alternatively PM me a version which I can check out.

Sorry i don`t understand what you have in mind could you elaborate on this.

I use pattern matrix LeftMouseButton drag to select, shift+LMB select to, ctrl+LMB to toggle track

Sorry, I meant pattern editor, I was referring to your original request to be able to use the tool with only the pattern editor on screen. I thought if you dragged out a range in the pattern editor then you could hit a shortcut and then the tracks in that range would change colour to indicate their volume controls are synced. This could be easier than going to each track and toggling it on/off

#35 kopias

kopias

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:06

Attached File  com.afta8_.MultiVolumes_V0.5.xrnx   4.18KB   113 downloads

changes in v0.5:

- added use track color blend to indicate which tracks are affected (and if the tool is enabled)

(warning it will override tracks color blend - colors themselves are safe) - check options

- added shortcut to ON/OFF the tool

- added shortcut to toggle selection in matrix view currently selected track in mixer/pattern view

(handy when pattern matrix is not visible) 

afta8 :

could you look at 'track_selection_toggle' function to improve it since there is this behavior that i cant really understand:

select two patterns in pattern matrix; close it; enable multvolume, use color blend; use shortcut to toggle tracks

selection in pattern matrix; (you can even deselect every track) this is working great as I intended

but there is this other behavior...

select one pattern in pattern matrix instead; do the same....   when you change track in mixer view the selection is followed

and there is no way to select more tracks - for me its no prob since i know i must select minimum two tracks but others....

can be confused

--------------------

besides that i re coded the color thing, catched all exceptions, fixed bugs - code is good

Edit: I have wrongly packed the tool it installs now correctly

Edited by kopias, 20 June 2015 - 10:05.

• afta8 likes this

#36 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 20:12

besides that i re coded the color thing, catched all exceptions, fixed bugs - code is good

Good stuff!

I'll look at this when I have some time and will update it on the tools page.. Quick test and it all works, not sure about that strange behaviour I'll have to look at the code, it's been a while since I coded this one

#37 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 18:44

From the best scripts I've seen so far. Simply incredible!!!

• afta8 likes this

:excl: Development of my tools: KangarooX120SamRenderPhraseTouch  |  GT16-Colors (old)

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 26 September 2017):

Spoiler