New Tool: Toggle Reference Track

Cool,

was just thinking it might be useful if Dunks can provide the template xrns that causes the problems? to help narrow it down on both sides here.

Here it is:

Thanks, I can`t seem to replicate the GUI stuttering here, I can however crash renoise completely just by using the Monitor - Exit shortcut from kMakis tool.

I guess this may be to do with the fact I don’t have the plugs installed from the template, I’ll at least pass this crash report on the devs as they will be sure to want to know about this. This may be unrelated to the issue you are experiencing though.

Maybe kMaki might be able to reproduce it?

I’ll check this asap…

No Gui Stutter here either. But crashing… - yes. Maybe we’ll let the German headquarters sort this one out… Added my log to your crash report, Ledger.

Good stuff, I`m sure HQ will be onto it shortly!

Ok after I unistalled afta8’s multi-volumes Everything works fine so it seems as if all 3 are conflicting. (I will tell afta8.) ^_^

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll look into it. Can’t promise this is going to be an easy one to figure out, multivolumes is quite complex under the hood, it has an app idle notifier creating track notifiers that in turn create and remove other track notifiers…
Is there only an issue when all three tools are run together or does it happen when its only multivolumes and one other tool?

Ok this is weird, I disabled both Ledgers tool and kMaki’s and the problem is still there after startup unless I delete the MNTR track after startup. Im getting this when deleting:

'C:\Documents and Settings\Ian\Application Data\Renoise\V2.8.1\Scripts\Tools\com.afta8.MultiVolumes.xrnx\main.lua' failed in one of its notifiers.  
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.  

Please contact the author (afta8 | fathand@gmail.com ) for assistance...  

main.lua:160: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)  
stack traceback:  
 main.lua:160: in function 'remove_postfx_vol_notifiers'  
 main.lua:262: in function 'deactivate'  
 main.lua:269: in function <267><br>```

</267>

Could really do with this 1 working in R3.

Edit: works with API v4

Added 3.0 beta version to first post as the file got trashed in the tools website upgrade aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGQh5bwm_8s

Another video explaining volume effecting perception and ABing:

If anyone wants a free (light nagware) R128 VST, Melda has one here included in a bundle.

http://www.meldaprod…oudnessAnalyzer

Version 1.2

Shortcut added for quick mono-ing of a whole mix by use of a custom Stereo Expander. “Mono Mix” is added the Master track and the Reference track (if present).
Can be used without a reference track to just to check your mono compatibility while mixing

Great Idea ledger ! I think this tool will be usefull and downloaded it right now.

BTW: I’ve created a similar tool (Python Script) for Reaper:

http://blog.airmann.de/cockos-reaper-ab-switcher-for-mastering-purposes/

Great Idea ledger ! I think this tool will be usefull and downloaded it right now.

BTW: I’ve created a similar tool (Python Script) for Reaper:

http://blog.airmann.de/cockos-reaper-ab-switcher-for-mastering-purposes/

Nice!

thanks for sharing.

Hello,

It seems to be a interesting tool but it’s not working in R 3.1 Rc2…

I have this error message:

"Please contact the author (scripts) for assistance…

main.lua:230: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
main.lua:230: in function ‘create_reference_track’
main.lua:469: in function main.lua:469"

Any ideas to fix this problem?

Thank you

thanks for the report,

I`ll take a look.

Can’t believe I missed this tool, it’s so handy and well thought out, exactly what I need right now. Thanks so much for it.

Hello,

It seems to be a interesting tool but it’s not working in R 3.1 Rc2…

I have this error message:

"Please contact the author (scripts) for assistance…

main.lua:230: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
main.lua:230: in function ‘create_reference_track’
main.lua:469: in function main.lua:469"

Any ideas to fix this problem?

Thank you

This error seems to occur if you try and initialize a reference track and the selected instrument slot contains no sample. i.e. it is empty or has a Vsti loaded instead.

The code line 230 is trying to change the sample autoseek from off to on. In this case there is no sample to access this property. I can catch this and fire a dialog warning/ status. I just want to check that this is the case when you are getting this message? or this is happening when you have a sample / specific sample selected in the instrument list?

--enable autoseek in current selected sample
 if song.instruments[inst].samples[1].autoseek == false then --line 230
 song.instruments[inst].samples[1].autoseek = true
 end

My bad…

I didn’t load a reference track…

Everything seems to work !

Sorry for the inconvience :frowning:

Thank you again for this tool

No probs, I can still add in a status for when this situation occurs.

edit:

done:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-toggle-reference-track/39281