1.5 Final Preview Demo Builds (inofficial)

well i dont know how those 2 buttons would work without a horizontal zoom…
i dont know how hard it would be, but a perfect example of something already implemented is how the sample editors horizontal zoom works. an that would be perfect with 256 and 512 patterns and be able to keep to the style. as far as usage it would probably only need to show up when using 256 and 512 patterns (an probably every pattern length between 256-512 and past 512) which i understand does make it difficult.

see i understand that hardly anyone uses 512 and 256 patterns because they werent ever really included in the old trackers. and ppl have become comfortable with using 64-128 patterns.
i usually work at 364 bpm and a speed of 3 so it actually is 728bpm which calculates to the same as 182bpm, i use this speed to be able to have more pattern resolution.
but when i discovered the pattrens could go that high i realized how much more i could do within a pattern & that i would not have to use multiple patterns for each run…and then i started trying to use the automation rack, and after literally spending hours trying to figure out how to get a good precision automation i finally realized that this should not be as hard as it is.

anyway, if its not 100% usable with all included functions then why even have the ability to use 256 through 512 patterns?

ah, now it makes sense.
512 pattens werent on a list anywhere, but you guys got them in renoise.

i guess it pays to be good friends with the devs to get your features implemented quickly.

i had no idea 512 patterns were not meant to be used by paying customers!

how come no one told me this in the begining?

man…you guys could have seriously saved me from posting all this nonsense!

Hey choice, shut the f**** up.

You made your point, it will be considered. All you are doing now is losing friends. You paid like $50 for an app you could HAVE DEMOED FOR FREE AND FOUND OUT IT DIDN’T WORK before paying. What is $50 bucks? Like one night out at a bar?!

Polluting every thread with a point that has been made ain’t gonna win you any sympathy, only gain you enemies.

maybe youve noticed by now that ive already stopped???
an its not like i had any freinds here to begin with so whats your point?

truthfully, its not in my perogative to give a fuk what you think. but i will ask you this:
how could something be “just considered” when its clearly an interface problem!

btw i will stop using 512 & 256 patterns right now!
because they were not meant to be used by paying customers.

One more time… bash this point into your skull please:

You didn’t have to pay to find this out.

you guys always come back with the same line… and its also why i did not respond to it

do you guys seriously think that telling ppl not to buy renoise because its features are flawed is a viable solution? thats like telling people to download the cracked version because you dont want to read posts about renoise being f****ed up. seriously…look at the bigger picture here! the more people that come in an buy renoise and THEN find out that the features they didnt now about DONT WORK PROPERLY, are you going to be the one to tell them that they dont have to use renoise?

heres the scenario:

new guy) Hi i just bought renoise im totally psyched!
ol bastid) hey.
new guy) im wondering why i cant get renoise to do this midi thing, can you help me?
ol bastid) oh yeah, that doesnt work but in 2 years it might so cross your fingers!
new guy) um in the features section it says “FULL MIDI SUPPORT”?
ol bastid) yeah we know, but we dont use it, so…we dont care.
new guy) man…then why does it say “FULL MIDI SUPPORT”?
ol bastid) LOOK NOOB!@!@ NO ONES FORCING YOU TO USE RENOISE! SHUT THE f**** UP!
new guy) bitches.

maybe i should repost what i said about that, nah i’ll let you find it.

i did somewhat embelish the very last part where the “new guy” said bitches,

because in the real world, he be being DOS’D by a forum member!

Hey now that’s an idea! Why didn’t someone think of this before? :P

One little addition to your disputs guys. I’m not so much need in zooms, often I use 64-128 patterns and some time (seldom) 256. It’s no so critical for me, but anyway I think zooms will be needed if someday renoise will have more detailed automation. For example such as in renoise volume/panning/filters envolopes. That is to say possibility to set every point of envelope to every tick in pattern string. Anyway it could will be better for processing of some trance sequeces and drums too.
But some what I really need it exact adjustment of every vertical (Y) coordinate of automation envelope. Udjust to 32bit float vertical (Y) coordinate. It really needed for pitch and frequency correction automations. Which affect to whole melodic of the track and for me it is very important feature. Regretably in present time renoise don’t have possibility of good frequency correction in atomations and in patterns commands too.
Edit: Of course I can work without this feature, but will be better if someday this problem will be solved. :)

Edit 2: For compatibility with old modules will be better do 2 automation modes very fine for some fine pitch&volume&filters envelopes and not fine as we have in present time. Becouse in some situations second variant better than first. And also this is important for compatibility.

Haha… talk about a scewed perception of reality. You forgot to add that new guy intercepted every thread in the forum and whined for weeks about this, before someone got enough and told him to f**** up. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lazy bitches! :w00t:

I would delete that post choice, as well as your recent posts, if I were you. And that is for the better of all, including you.

Choice -

dood, you might be cool. or maybe not. I know I am, but either way. Chill out.

If you don’t like Renoise. whatever. In reality, Renoise gives you the ability to make great music, and you CAN do ANYTHING that would be important in making music.

Zooming in on Automation - It’s a good idea. It should be implemented. You don’t have to whine about it. Maybe you should use Madtracker 2.5. I just opened it up, and since I have two screens, I was able to stretch the automation window the full lenth of the screens. Anyways, what’s stopping you from using MT2?

“SuperCollider” - Seriously, dood. That’s retarded as f_ck. Are you trying to make music or be a computer geek ?!?

So anyways, quit posting dumb sh!t. Just be cool. Everyone on here just likes to track-music and is into this scene, so you just have to find something that you feel positive about.

Peace

Word!
And now love each other again and close this stupid thread or atleast get back to the main objective.

as far as i could tell mt2 doesnt support program changes ATM, (something i use alot of) the other reason is i seriously dont have time to wait for the next “better” version thats been put off since it looks like 2002…

your right tho you can do anything! but me on the other hand gets a door slammed in my face when i try to do anything.
i did take this too far i agree, but theres no way i will apologize.
money never was an issue with me until i realized how much it would piss off these fools that keep bringing up how much renoise is.

in these threads ive been able to see the truth behind this fascade.
the longtrack project asked for 512 patterns and they got them, no polls or any of that shit.
but, what they didnt realize is that a paying client would come around and realize how nice it would be to use 512 patterns and then see that its just a “hack”.
i pretty much got all the info i needed now.

and now i can form an opinion:

renoise is a pretty looking, full of backroom hacks, thats does not fufill its written specifications, and certainly not a competitor in pro audio.

hehe maybe that should be the SLOGAN!

Just to clear one thing up:

All of team members, all of people involved into LongTrack Project, have payed their ReNoise license.

The fact that the pattern maximum length was enhanced from 500 to 512 rows is due to two simple and absolutely obvious reasons:

1] taktik simply had to change a constant value from 500 to 512
if you 're into C++, it’s as easy as changing

#define nMaxRows 500  

to

#define nMaxRows 512  

2] the request was made way before the release of a new version, and no intermediary “special LongTrack version” of ReNoise was released one day after Bantai’s request (he wasn’t even in the team at that time, by the way)

Now you are kindly request to stop this useless discussion. Your request will be satisfied as soon as possible. If you will have enough patience to be still a ReNoise user until that day, we will be pleased to see you happy.

Edit:
forgot to mention that LongTrack is still being made in RNS1.281 because of a couple of bugs in version 1.281 which make it sound different in version 1.5.

We reported the problems, they were analyzed, and it was decided to leave everything as it is.

Hey brave man, you are making some pretty ostentatious claims and being a retarded whinny fat ass with a low self esteem (and zero tracks to show for it). Your opinion is welcome, but calling people fools and then shitting all over the place with your scat style posting… then demanding some sort of respect (?!) is immature, aggravating, and just asking for danger. Who the f**** do you know?

This is a community of users. You made your points. We all read them because you pissed all over our forum like some poorly raised poodle marking territory in a forums of pitbulls.

Move on.

if you were not so narrow minded you would have realized already.
maybe you have some more buttons i can press? B)

Then you should leave this forum, the privilege is not for you to abuse.

all i needed was the information that wasnt given to me until i started being an asshole again :P
i was seriously trying not to be rude, until the posts/replies became obnoxious there was not any kind of real answer.

if you looked back at that, you could see there were at the very least 5 posts i didnt even repy to, knowing they were just a waste of time.