1.5 Final Preview Demo Builds (inofficial)

I don’t know about Autechre automation curves, but look what Aphex Twin encode in his track (logariphmic sonogram view):

Now thats cool :D

Sorry 4 offtopic ^_^
Coagula is an image synth. This means that it is both a program for creating and manipulating images, and a program for generating sound from those images.

well, now that i/we know the automation area wasnt made for precision, heres a gift

im starting to think the devs are suffering from not having any competition!
it also looks like the majority of users only use the bare essentials when it comes to tracking.

btw afx uses sc1

Nice flix… shall we have another boring contest called animated automation art?

yup
im just wondering how to go about doing automations w/o having to use the cumbersome automation rack

Come on choice. Just because pressing the rand button on a 512 lines long pattern doesnt really make sense, this does not mean that you cannot use the automation window for anything usefull.

how true: as you know, the ReNoise LongTrack Project is made of 512 rows patterns only, and it is being made in RNS1.281!!

if youm choice, really can’t live with this 512 rows problem, split the pattern into more pieces, and then wait for this feature to be implemented in next versions.

as long as there is no possibility to setup a amplitude (min/max) the automation randomize function is more or less useless for me … with 64 rows too

PGup/PGdn jumps 16 rows tastes good btw :)

the whole point of this is to show you _how_close_those_lines_are_together
in the picture and in real life those lines are so close together that it makes it extremely hard to even be able to get to the one you need to use.

that is what is soo ridiculous about this

maybe i should measure how much distance there actually is between 2 lines?
i thought for sure everyone and anyone would see that first and foremost, for the begining i will measure how much space there is between these lines using 1024x768 in pixels,inchaes & metric

okay so in that picture, can you even see the pattern lines to be able to make a distinction of which you need to use? and is your mouse precise enough to be able to pick it?

come on man! how could you guys think you could get away with this?

i had to put this in:

you remember in alice in wonderland when she went into the house took the other pill and became big again an her head was sticking OUT THE ROOF!!! this is almost a perfect analogy~~~!!!

alice is the 256 & 512 patterns the house is the automation rack!

thanx for the great hint!

Damnit choice’s on to us! He and that freaky big girl are coming for our asses. :D

Meanwhile while this “zoom feature” is processed the regular way:
I use a 21incher of a screen which has 1920x1440 as maximum resolution in decent refreshrate. It makes for passable precision on 512s for simpler stuff at least. Although I natively run at 1280x1024, I just tested this for fun. Maybe there is a way to get “virtual resolution” of far greater resolutions in windows, this could help with placing those automation dots at custom precision.

Just extending a friendly tip buddy.

C’mon choice, noone says it’s works good with 512 rows. You don’t have to argue about that, because we all see your point. It’s just that not everyone prioritizes this as high as you do and would rather see other things (like a final v1.5 :))…

ah, now this is very close to what im looking for!

so now i ask whats the use of a final v1.5 if it isnt able to be used?

i only use renoise on a laptop that only goes up to 1024x768

and you know very well that if this went to the polls it would lose massively!

it would be me and maybe 3 other ppl that would vote for it while everyone and all of Bantais freinds would make sure that this stays f****ed up

this is clearly an interface bug that will not be fixed probably anytime soon

so i give up.

This is not important to me as I never use 512 rows, so it IS usable. You can still also divide the patterns that you have problems with now into 2 or 4 patterns. That’s also usable. It isn’t perfect, maybe, but you should be able to do the things with a few workarounds.

I meant that if you could get hold of an external bigger screen that would be an improvement though. The virtual resolution thing is valid, I have tried it when using my TV as monitor but I cant remember now how to get it back. Worth a google maybe.

I supported the function when you brought it up in the “ideas and suggestions” forum. And ill support it in a poll as it seems useful. but “How you treat others is how you treat yourself”, as tunepoet would have said.

One of the features isn’t usable on a detailed basis when a large pattern scale is adapted.
It doesn’t however make Renoise unusable.
It makes it harder to apply automation over more than 4 vst parameters at the same time. (which can’t be covered by effect commands if all four effect columns would be utilised)

These are the only two buttons you wish for aren’t they?:

(There was a time patterns could not be extended past 128 a rows limit in the hottest tracker…)