2 years without update ?

Please make everyone Go Back to:

Renoise 2.7.2

No more Upgrades, or Updates…I am sick of iT!

Maybe let the 2.8.2 be for the 64bit freaks & 4 the great PKing Tool,

Yet, other than that; lets keep iT SP1200 or MPC3000 here:

State of the Art, workhorse, Anti - Crash - Secure & NON - Updated!

N O M O R E U P D A T E S!!! As N o N _ N e e d _ i T!

Applause :drummer: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :walkman: :w00t: :dribble: :mellow:

Technically there is no such thing as 2 different events at the same(!) grid-line. But I definitely understand what you mean. In reality only one event will be exactly on the grid line and the other one will be on the nearest “tick” to the left or to the right. It is still possible to control it in Renoise, I’m sure you know it, by turning the “snapping” off. What confuses me is that when the zoom is significantly “out” and you move the event right to the desired one, it appears to be not exactly on the nearest tick, but at about 2-3 ticks away when you fully zoom it in. When zoomed in you can move it right where you need. I did not tested it super extensively, maybe there is some reasons and explanations behind it.

that is exactly what i mean …when you turn snap off and zoom in …the points dont match…on top or below each ther theres always a difference…

Please make everyone Go Back to:

Renoise 2.7.2

No more Upgrades, or Updates…I am sick of iT!

Maybe let the 2.8.2 be for the 64bit freaks & 4 the great PKing Tool,

Yet, other than that; lets keep iT SP1200 or MPC3000 here:

State of the Art, workhorse, Anti - Crash - Secure & NON - Updated!

N O M O R E U P D A T E S!!! As N o N _ N e e d _ i T!

Applause :drummer: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :walkman: :w00t: :dribble: :mellow:

Renoise 2.8 was like a 20 year old scotch. I like 3.1 but 2.8 was legendary

I’ve been considering making my own tracker. I’ve had this idea for a while now.

May just get started on this idea and see what happens.

Updates are confusing & evil!

Updates are confusing & evil!

Daily updates are the evil.

Monthly updates would be appreciated.

Annual updates are the minimum required, below this point it is death.

Annual updates are the minimum required, below this point it is death.

See it from a better point of view!

Your license is valid for one full version. For example, if you start with Renoise 2.7 you’ll get updates up until, and including, 3.7. Our point releases pack features, not just maintenance updates. Check out our release notes and see for yourself what a great value this represents.

we’re on v3.1 that means updates up until v4.1… by the time this update will roll out, I will be probably 70.

Buying Renoise means updates for a lifetime!

ok heres and idea for a t shirt :slight_smile:

photo.php?fbid=1835135553483144&set=a.15

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1835135553483144&set=a.1515894855407217.1073741830.100009601518507&type=3&theater

@Sokoban, the feature set in Renoise 3.1 is unparalleled in tracker history and its stability is right up there with the best ones. A large majority of tracker musicians made do with a lot less and that fired up their creativity and imagination. Think of any and all limitations as gym weights, whose constraints are actually a mind building workspace. You get to flex more and build more rather than get all spoon fed with automated music making and all-in-one button clicking.

Also think of it this way, in the world of DAWs there is not a single DAW that offers a tracker like interface or functionality. So it is peerless and unique without even trying. Every other software repeats the next one endlessly. You could use Logic or GarageBand or Nuendo and you would be still doing all the same things in a very eerily similar interface. Name any other mainstream software that looks and does what Renoise is capable of. None. So do not forget the tradition of trackers suddenly and also do not try to mould one thing to another. If you said an MPC does not do this or that it will not make much sense to the ones who use it superbly well for what it is especially for those who have invested their time and know how the machine thinks or software works, every kink and chink. You could tell Dilla about the lack of MPC functionality but for him and his genius mind it is the perfect medium of expression and he is the best hip hop producer of all time which is a significant achievement- all done on an MPC. Same thing for tracker greatness, the level of ingenuity and programming required is of very high calibre and not to mention it all still had to sound good, you have to be a good musician too end of the day, no skipping that.

Perhaps you could focus on producing more music and learning the ins and outs of Renoise. Remember that software is only your medium of expression, if you feel you cannot express things in your mind with this tool, maybe you are not working hard enough, like a sword, you need to be intimate with it first. On the contrary maybe, just maybe you need to ask yourself the question whether Renoise is the right tool for you. Try out other software also like Caustic and Studio One or Bitwig, Renoise never demands to be used in one specific way, use it as a sequencer, as a sampler, as a wave edit tool, as an arranger or pattern builder, as a stable vst host or plugin dev sandbox, as a synthesiser, you name it. A composers toolbox is as unique as the composer himself, be creative and never stop learning.

I suppose that now that September arrives, people will begin to get really impatient. It is the final straight of 2017.

I know that my one-full-version licence is a lifetime licence if there are no more updates.

I know that Renoise is already the best tracker ever (by far) and that it has already some very advanced features that transform it into a real DAW.

But…

I know that a few features are missing to me.

I know that some people get troubles with wide screens.

I know that some people would like a piano roll.

I know that some people would like some instruments or effects evolutions.

So…

Why not expect some updates?

Why stop this crazy adventure?

After that, I’m OK with the fact that it’s more important to focus on producing music more than to focus on waiting updates, that’s true :wink:

Exactly. Your license for the version you bought is valid without any time limit. Whether there are subsequent updates or not has absolutely no impact on this. At any point in time, it is up to you whether you update or not, but not updating does not affect or change your current license. While this is certainly reassuring, I, however, still like to see constant updates that improve the software and add the crucial missing parts.

Paying back to renew the license does not seem to be a problem.If there is an update every year, a license would last at least 7 to 10 years. That means paying € 80 every 7, 10 years, at best.Rounding is like spending € 10 a year, or less.But in reality, everything goes much slower. I think everyone is expecting more updates. Renoise deserves them.

I suppose that now that September arrives, people will begin to get really impatient.

Like the dev-team cares…

even if it takes multiple years to receive updates; the only dev now is still a human and humans go through different phases in life.

Some of you start yelling about features… well…

I requested 1 little feature since the day I registered on this forum and that is to play a samply easily from any pitch or position with the midi / pc keyboard.

I never got it, and I will respect it if that is uneasy to implement.

Once I was in the same boat, and got a little upset that such a little feature would not see daylight.

But nowadays, when the existence of Renoise is at stake - I see things very differently;

We all should be thankfull that this project is not yet abandoned.

Because if that day arrives, I’m a pretty lost soul and sure the community will find a new “home” but never as good as Renoise is at this moment.

The epic scale of precision, standarisation and art, skill and dedication that went into this program is unmatched.

I can only hope that TakTik will find his inspiration, mood and smile to work on this project again.

If his personal life has no room for Renoise, then we all have to accept.

In the meanwhile, I keep my fingers crossed, fire up Renoise and learn to live with the “limits” I have.

Back in the early days, EVERYTHING was limited and Renoise is a million times more powerfull.

You are already beefed up with control and power like never before; think positive and re-learn actual tracking from the start.

Read the commands once again, try them all out and forget the way you were trying to reach that one sound - maybe there is a side path that leads to your goal :slight_smile:

Renoise is clearly addictive - if it is not there any more - imagine going cold turkey :open_mouth: so enjoy what you have, you life NOW and can write musical history.

Tracks that you will be listening for years on.

Happy Trackin’

even if it takes multiple years to receive updates; the only dev now is still a human and humans go through different phases in life.

Some of you start yelling about features… well…

I requested 1 little feature since the day I registered on this forum and that is to play a samply easily from any pitch or position with the midi / pc keyboard.

I never got it, and I will respect it if that is uneasy to implement

bro let me 1st say tHAT i feel what youre saying…i make my purchase for Renoise…on january 16 this year…and im pretty fucking happy with that call best 75 bucks best spent in my life …so far

as for …your …request…in the tips and tricks …topic…someone just …figure what youre asking…by using …phrases…and slice markers…

its pretty fucking awesome…

that was one of my 1st questions also :slight_smile:

look for it

bro let me 1st say tHAT i feel what youre saying…i make my purchase for Renoise…on january 16 this year…and im pretty fucking happy with that call best 75 bucks best spent in my life …so far

as for …your …request…in the tips and tricks …topic…someone just …figure what youre asking…by using …phrases…and slice markers…

its pretty fucking awesome…

that was one of my 1st questions also :slight_smile:

look for it

thanks for backing me up :slight_smile:

Well, I found the phrase and slicemarker thingy and its quite a huge thing.
But I wanted it native in the sample editor, it feels like it should be there naturally.

I mean, come on select a sample, you play notes and then nothing is done with the selection…
To overcome this on small samples, I just press CTRL+T and after playing quickly do CTRL+Z to demonstrate what I’m after.

Well, purchasing Renoise any time should make anyone feel good.

I own a lot of cracked software but I would pay for every update, every bit of this software - it really changed everything :smiley:

The Sp-1200 didnt get any Update for nearly 3 Decades now & is still State of the Art…just something to think about.

People use the SP-1200 to colour their samples, not because it’s a very capable sampler/sequencer feature-wise.

The Sp-1200 didnt get any Update for nearly 3 Decades now & is still State of the Art…just something to think about.

Doesn’t care. Renoise have bugs, which needs to be fixed and sometimes was already fixed, but the bugfix version wasn’t released yet.