3 New Sample Command Idea

Here is my idea for 3 new sample command :

Chord Mode :

5187 Chord Mode.png

Just type the command and will play the chord of your note based on the scale of your instrument

If you dont have any scale Major is selected by default

Sample Selection :

5188 Sample selection.png

Give you the ability to select wich samples within the instrument you want to use at that moment (with the ability to select more than one with multiple effect bar)

Super Arp :

5189 Super Arp.png

This command will make an arpegio from all the notes written on that line. You can choose the tick per line with the “xx”. If only one note is entered the command will play the arp from the scale of your instrument.

Great ideas.

PLUS

1. First number would select chord (16 possibilities for one note is enough) and the second one would select an inversion.

Little problem would be
a) that you cant transpose just one note in a chord etc. so chord progression would be little limited by this way.
b} that you would need a table of chords for every scale inside the manual :-).

But
it would be great for fast experimenting with chords what is something that tracker lacks imo.

Super Arp :

attachicon.gifSuper Arp.png

This command will make an arpegio from all the notes written on that line. You can choose the tick per line with the “xx”. If only one note is entered the command will play the arp from the scale of your instrument.

Epic Arpeggio did this using the pitch envelope.

Still need to translate that routine to create a phrase from it, but still have no time to wrap my head around it.

Super Arp

This command will make an arpegio from all the notes written on that line

Hm, from an arpeggiator I would at least expect feature like up/down, range and random mode.
It’s not that I dislike the idea, but perhaps it should be called “Simple Arp”? :stuck_out_tongue:

Satobox suggested a more traditional implementation like this:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/native-arpeggiator-idea/32567

Living inside the instrument, it would work equally well for programmed notes and live playback.

(Sorry if hi-jacking the thread just a little bit).

I think the super-arp is an interesting idea for this reason: There could be a sub-set of pattern effects commands (SXyy) that are used when two (or more) notes are on the same line. For example SDxx could mean portamendo down BUT stop dead when reaching the pitch of the second note.

The same thing could be applicable for tremolo and some other effects, permitting the usage of an absolute value in column 2 and 3 instead of the regular depth value (e g make the volume oscillate further/faster downwards than upwards).