A Renoise 2017 Update ???

Hello all
What do you think about my new Renoise update ideas ??

81cf15035d.jpg

81cf069bf6.jpg 81cf23ea5d.jpg 81cef5dbc9.jpg

i like vertical automation clip idea

Automated macros can be done via the “Instr. Macros” meta device. (It kind of creates a mirror of the “instrument macro rack”, but placed in the track DSP chain so can automate them.)

I like the audio clip idea :wink:

Doesn’t he mean a indicator? I like all those ideas, but it will never come, so save your energy next time.

BTW radium tracker is open source.

I want a loop point control integrated (yeah i know there’s a tool for that but i want something like this :https://forum.renoise.com/t/loop-point-automation/40450 )

Please :blush:

Doesn’t he mean a indicator? I like all those ideas, but it will never come, so save your energy next time.

//Hey ! i didnt know anything about Radium’s existence ! Damn i checked it out . -//Seems someone was thinking faster than me , i would like to have the same features in Renoise . + ADSR automation can make Renoise or Redux in 10 times powerfull than any DAW or Vst plugin . Automating ADSR or LFO instrument parameters can open a new world in music making . + Linking them to the signal or key follower will be really a big deal ( ^_ ^ )
I have also an idea about automating filter types in the instrument ( Automation between Vowel and Moog for example will give a dope granulized effect ! )

@Medieevil - really, check out this advice:

Automated macros can be done via the “Instr. Macros” meta device. (It kind of creates a mirror of the “instrument macro rack”, but placed in the track DSP chain so can automate them.)

So yes, signal follower → envelope is definitely possible. You just need to hook up the modulation to a macro inside the instrument

btw iv tested the Radium thing . It is not a daw at all , i mean come one , we cant compare Renoise with Sunvox and Radium for example . Renoise is a solid stable full functioned DAW with no { jokes on the road bugs } .Stable parameters and the most important : it saves its own character since the 1.0 version .

@Medieevil - really, check out this advice:

So yes, signal follower → envelope is definitely possible. You just need to hook up the modulation to a macro inside the instrument

Hey ) i know about it man . I was talking about a direct automation possibility without bridges and links or hooks . I think it will be super cool to direct link a signal follower to any parameter in renoise (Even the project tempo) :blush: :blush:

Yes, surely Radium does not reach the quality of Renoise in many ways. But it is an agile project that changes a lot, and c’mon now you, the tracker view with pixel wise 60Hz scrolling + step-less X/Y zoom + sample waveform + automation is just awesome.

Essentially nice ideas, but nothing which hasn’t been suggested before several times.

Waveforms maybe are better suited in the automation window, which is horizontal. The sample-editor is also horizontal. Screens are wide normally, more room to work with. But well, an option to switch between the two couldn’t hurt.The only thing which has to be vertical is the pattern editor imo.

Anyway… Just change the topic from 2017 to 2021 or something, and then we’re on to something. :wink: The plan for 2017 is… drumroll… a BUG-FIX. :badteethslayer:

Essentially nice ideas, but nothing which hasn’t been suggested before several times.

Waveforms maybe are better suited in the automation window, which is horizontal. The sample-editor is also horizontal. Screens are wide normally, more room to work with. But well, an option to switch between the two couldn’t hurt.The only thing which has to be vertical is the pattern editor imo.

Anyway… Just change the topic from 2017 to 2021 or something, and then we’re on to something. :wink: The plan for 2017 is… drumroll… a BUG-FIX. :badteethslayer:

Vertical sample waveforms are used in FL Studio’s 12 Mixer’s indicators . Why it is hard to jack it in in the Renoise pattern viewers or the pattern editors >? I think it is possible .It will be conceptual to have a multi layered patterns with an option to switch between Midi\Sample typed channel . Or maybe both like ( Layer 1=midi notes \ Layer 2 = Sample waveforms) [It will be the 1st DAW with {in-depth} layer options] . The point of it for me , as a user , to know where and how my samples are played in the project seance . Example / / between drops ( fade in - fade out ) in house 4/4 music , users can drag and drop reversed crash samples and a regular crash samples or any other FX’s without getting it as a Midi note and calculate every time if it fits the 16 32 64 pattern sequence’s time or not . It is more faster . For vocal treatments it will be evolutionary .

This forum is stuck in a bizar LoOp …

Vertical sample waveforms are used in FL Studio’s 12 Mixer’s indicators . Why it is hard to jack it in in the Renoise pattern viewers or the pattern editors >?

It’s not the same thing - those FL mixer indicators are essentially doing the same thing as the Renoise scopes: showing the current sound, and a bit of the past.

Btw: did someone not suggest adding a larger buffer (more “past”) to the scopes? I’d like that too, and adjustable sensitivity +1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp49snF3KmE

Damn I was 15 when that album came out , good days indeed …I’m getting old

Again… LOL

btw iv tested the Radium thing . It is not a daw at all , i mean come one , we cant compare Renoise with Sunvox and Radium for example .

Just an example: Stuff done in Radium exclusively in the last 3-4 months…(without leaving the app once)

https://soundcloud.com/lutzenkirchen/sets/stuff-produced-in-radium-in

(although right now I am using something else again…)

It’s not the same thing - those FL mixer indicators are essentially doing the same thing as the Renoise scopes: showing the current sound, and a bit of the past.

Btw: did someone not suggest adding a larger buffer (more “past”) to the scopes? I’d like that too, and adjustable sensitivity +1

I actually never look at the scopes at all anymore, it’s permanently switched to spectrum view - which is much more usefult for mixing and mastering IMHO.

Apart of that I use the peak bars in the mixer and the phase view.

IMHO the scopes are only useful for telling either if there’s something playing on that track.or not - but that’s about it.

Cool, the next useless procrastination thread!

IDK running vertical mini scopes are probably more little toy gadget then seriously useful. Resolution is just too small.

The scopes in general are mega useful for me. Especially for sound design. They tell you things about phase, peaks, anticipation of distortion effects, timbre, dynamics, and so on. Yes, they are not so intuitive like a spectrum analyser. They complement with the spec analyser, I keep switching to and fro. Would be cool to have a selected scope in stereo together with the spectrum analyser for me.

Scopes are very direct and volatile, for the “memory” thing, I simply render what I want to analyse to sample, sample waveform views are quasi nothing else than rendered scopes. Then you can look at the waveform, and play back portions at will, even spec analyse them while viewing the waveform. It gives a little break in the workflow though, maybe it would be cool to make this easier, more “on the fly” style.