A simple big thank you renoise

hello renoise!

I havent posted here in a while, a few years i think. i wanted to just tell you how thankful i am towards Renoise. Bought a license more than 10 years ago and still use this soft all the time. Definitely the best 50$ ever spent in music ever.

I cannot think moving to other daws, this software is such an achievement, even i dont get half of it ;-).

Thank you Renoise!

16 Likes

Me too. I bought the RENOISE in May of 2010. I watched RENOISE tutorials on youtube and in a few days, I was able to sequence and finish a songā€¦ It cost me 70 dollars?

At that time I was using a PC then switched to an IMAC LOGIC PROX(circa 2014 - 2018) I went back to RENOISE in Jan of 2019 because I realized, I was able to finish songs faster than working in linear fashion.

Iā€™m obsessed with RENOISE as a matter of fact lol. When I get home, I turn on my gears and I just start sequencingā€¦ It is the best step sequencer I ever had everrrr. Also, when I play in real time and quantize, it sounds very good.

I also love looking at RENOISE as I think itā€™s so nice to look at with the Matrix scrolling down my sequencesā€¦

If RENOISE closes down or donā€™t produce this software anymore? OMGā€¦ I mean OMGGGGG.

Make RENOISE Popular and Hip AGAIN lol.

If people just discover this sequencer and learn it? I think it will take over Ableton.

Yeahhh yeahh blasphemer right lolā€¦ No really, I love my RENOISE.

10 Likes

Yup, thankfuI here too. I found Renoise in 2001 (omg, time fliesā€¦) and havenā€™t looked back since :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Also very grateful for such a beautiful program. I can get right on down to making whatever it is I need to make when it comes to anything rhythmic, and itā€™s so tight. No crashing, no issues. Just works. And itā€™s highly modifiable. A fantastic sequencer, a very sophisticated sampler, wish I had figured that out two years ago! Now it makes a ton of sense and has helped me get into places musically that I just couldnā€™t before.

2 Likes

It is my main samplerā€¦ I love chopping vocals in it. I had Ableton before but again that linear sequencing is not for me.

JAMANN!!
Danke Renoise!
Dank an @taktik

Renoise is BESTE!!:sunglasses::cowboy_hat_face::smiley:

1 Like

you know what I really really really dig? say you open up RENOISE and all your gear are all wired.

WHen you press record, you can immediately either step sequence or record live say on a 16 line sequenceā€¦ Best part? after you live record, it loopsā€¦ Sooo cool. yes Logic does that but RENOISE is sooooo easy to do and I feel with Logic I have to be sooo technical all the timeā€¦ WIth RENOISE, iā€™m all set to make tunesā€¦

Everyday, Iā€™m falling in love more with RENOISEā€¦ Something about the interface that I just love so muchā€¦ Itā€™s soo cool.

3 Likes

Yep, mine too, after the past 2 years, my mainstay for everything music programming and music production related, even as I have a more tangible music instrument playing sessions daily, when it comes to computers Renoise is one of the main players in my personal rig. I just (heart) it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

my problem is now is Iā€™m on Mojave(MAC) and both my soundcards just doesnā€™t work(Audient ID14 and UR22 MK2 by Steinberg audio interface)ā€¦ My Virus TI2 is the soundcard now because thatā€™s the only audio interface that works for me using RENOISE now on a MAC. damn it sucks not to use the sound cardsā€¦

2 Likes

+111

on top of that, renoise is the most ā€˜hardwareā€™ feeling audio software for me (if that makes sense)
open it up fullscreen on a laptop, learn some keyboard shortcuts and youā€™re set.
also you can get super creative with it quickly. i used to be disappointed that its not a full featured linear DAW, bitching about missing features. but now i embrace it as a highly creative workstation. if you look at it that way its so fucking great, like thereā€™s no other thing in software landā€¦

5 Likes

Renoise is the future.

4 Likes

Renoise makes me feel free. I dunno. Iā€™ve tried a lot of DAWs, and I know how to use them, but Renoise (or maybe just the tracker concept) makes me faster and more creative; it squeezes my creative fluids instead of my ā€œworkingā€ ones, so I spend more time being creative.

3 Likes

What they said.

I am using the ur22 mk2 with Mac and renoise. Could it be an updates os issue?

Iā€™ve been using FL Studio since 2016. I just came across Renoise last year and decided to try it out. Overwhelmed, I gave up and went back to my comfort zone.

Just a few days ago, I decided to give renoise another shot because I see the potential in it. Itā€™s one of the best daws out there i admit it, its just so hard to get used to. This is such a weird time for me because I am working on an album and Iā€™m now learning renoise which makes things very difficult haha.

Anyway, I will buy renoise soon. Right now I am using the demo but I love it so much!

1 Like

Do it. And we can hope quickly get a new update include vst3 Support.

Renoise is not my main DAW but i love it the most of all DAWs. I use Reason and cant wait the load Reason Rack VST inside Renoise.

I love in Renoise the Pharse Editor. It give me the possibility include much more Details with just 4 Bars in the Main Pattern/Trackers.

I love the native effects, the Filters and all the stuff. I simply no need VST effects because the native Effects are great!
I love the LFO, his Custom Section to draw a own waveform to modulate some things with ā€œone Shotā€ and retrigger it. This i can not do on the simple way in Reason.

And i love the Automation Curves since Renoise 3.2.

At the last i love the whole Renoise for his cool look. Every time i open renoise and i have this Feeling ā€œwelcome homeā€

For the Future i have the biggest wish for vst3 Support to load the reason rack to use the Reason ā€œGrainā€ and some other Sample Instrumens as ā€œHumanaā€ and use the REs from Reason 11 Suite.

Thx for the Software.
Renoise reminds me for Unreal Soundtracks.

I am 32 years Old and never worked then with Trackers. But i learned very fast because of in 2000 i search a way to open umx files from unreal and do it with a tracker first time.
Because of this Renoise give me that Feeling of me at 13 years.

How is my english? :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank YOU Renoise and thank YOU Renoise community! YOU people are great, inspiring and humble. Different from other hipster DAW users.

Stay golden! EVERYONE!

3 Likes

If you already like Renoise when youā€™re not used to it, just wait until you are used to it a bit, it gets even better :slight_smile: Once you start learning the most useful keyboard shortcuts, and know where everything (you need) is, you kinda stop noticing Renoise and can focus on the music, like a text editor disappears and you just think about the text.

Itā€™s pretty awesome that a program with such a low price, for what it does, doesnā€™t require you to buy the cat in the bag, at all. It gently hooks you, then you make things with it you love, and by the time you buy it, you do it gladly, because the question ā€œwill this be worth the price?ā€ is already answered for you.

3 Likes

I just installed Renoise 3.2.0 andā€¦ WOWā€¦ Thanks guys !

2 Likes

Yeah big shout out the Renoise crew. Waiting for a new release for a long time. Love the new update. Cheers.