Add Pattern When In Recording Mode

I think it could be useful if there would be a feature (possibly on/off button) that would automatically add another blank pattern if i hit the end of the song (in recording mode).

I often want to jam “live” my midi keayboard and explore some ideas while recording that stuff… So its kinda annoying if i have manually insert a bunch of blank patterns and make them in order etc

Not very big deal but could be useful i think.

+1, definately. better than an empty pattern would be “clone last in patternlist”. or clone the currently selected patterns.

+1, again.

+1.

http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?sho…c=13122&hl=

+1 pattern

+1.

Maybe a “continue”-option…
This would be so very, very, very nice. :)

7th’ed!

+1!! big idea

Re: Looza’s clone last pattern

Amendment: clone the last pattern with the current track cleared, immediately ready to accept some fresh melody.

Alternatively here’s another idea:

Add new track next to the one that was just recorded This would mute the recorded track and switch to a fresh empty one to receive new notes.

Not sure which one of these would be better… So I’ll leave this discussion at that. =) =)

[quote="#<0x00005628558e3f68>, post:11, topic:20307"]
Add new track next to the one that was just recorded This would mute the recorded track and switch to a fresh empty one to receive new notes.
[/quote]
I’m not sure if I’ve understood this clearly. In your suggested way, after recording is done you have to manually clone patterns and copy each recorded track separately to its corresponding pattern and finally delete all unused tracks…

The way it is now seems easier than your suggestion! :huh:</0x00005628558e3f68>

yeah… (I think so too) this is actually a replica of the record modes in sequencers where you can record several takes on the same loop, and then delete all takes except the best one…

but yeah… It might be easier the other way round. No need to incorporate every single stupid feature there is in Cubase or Logic into a tracker. :)