Ahpex Twin's Analords And Last Step

Last Step is Aaron Funk. The Tuss sounds nothing like anything Aaron funk has put out. Also, the Tuss is obviously analog and Last step mostly digital (or sampled analog).

the Tuss is RDJ no question. All the hype and rumors? who else is capable of stunts like this? all these silly rumors about the tuss being collaborations or secret artists with made-up last names? most importantly, it sounds only like RDJ, it’s released on rephlex, AND it followed analord without their being any other afx releases during this time.

And there’s also this.

1961 was clocked with renoise, only sequencing done in renoise were edits and some cutups of the live drum recordings. most of the sequencing was done with 303s and other boxes. first couple were clocked with cubase and sequenced a bit in there before I started using renoise. there are no samples of anyone else’s music on those records.

respect. i assumed mostly digital.

p.s. botb is the tuss

and that’s that

unless…lies!

Durrrrr… how do you accomplish this? MIDI out?
°_o

hmmmm.why not …sync-midi out -to cv

Sounds good to me.

in this case, renoise master clock/midi timepiece/pro solo mkII or mobius/din sync router. even though you can only set one channel in renoise for midi clock master, midi timepiece lets you set it up to send that out on all channels as well.

I like your name gentle clock divider. do you know master divider and his 0,90,180 and 270 degrees of clock divisions? perhaps you are related? :)

1961 sounds sick! (named after the Drawmer?)

Loving this rawer sound. Got a bit bored of people hiding their synths behind layers of fx - didn’t really seem like there was anywhere for that sound to go. Just been listening to loads of Drexciya and Doppereffekt lately.

Recon with The Tuss stuff, there’s prolly quite a bit of tape and real room reverbs. Some of it sounds really organic, almost like Boards of Canada.

Thanks …’ noppes not related '…Now if only my music sounded as cool as my name B)
The clockdivider is a module from the nord modular and since I am a gentle person…but somehow a bit divided in my …naagh nevermind …
cheers …love your new work

I just picked a Nord Modular 1 up off ebay the other week.

Incredible synth. Wish I’d bought one years ago. Main thing I like about Nords is their raw sound, which is as versatile, musical and well balanced as any analogue I’ve owned - I’d say more so than a lot of them.

Got a Nord Lead 1 as well, and I’ve never really known synths which fit so easily into whatever you’re doing. It’s a big deal musically, I think, because you can make anything work. It feels much less like the drums you’re using have to dictate the way you take something.

what’s up J Swift? sorta named as a result of that, at least got me thinking about it, that drawmer is all over it. really was wanting to hear what a cross between bebop and italo disco would be, super fun!

forgot this thread was about recommendations, should also add EDMX and his Breakin’ label to that list. Vibert esp Kerrier District, Ace of Clubs and his stuff on Mu and Warp. check some really old stuff too, Giorgio Morodor, Telex, Droids! got this wicked Rusuden record I been into lately - Fe IX/X 171 A. Not Breathing - Laquarto And Perky, amazing album. loads of good music out there!

zee musik recommendations thread …YAGYA …on the sending orbs label …not everyones bag of thee …but nonetheless …verry …centrical …
white galactic mirrors …SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT…

THE SUBSTANCE KNOWN AS

.W.

http://www.myspace.com/steiniplastik

thanks man. i’ll look into this stuff. should be pretty good if you like it/influences you

telex (mark moulin ) = belgium

Whoa, I’ve got an album by Not Breathing, called Carrion Sounds. It was a serendipitous find. There’s a picture of Boba Fett on the insert. A few of those tracks really are amazing. I’ll have to check out that one you recommend.

Ah, I mentioned Luke Vibert earlier but I didn’t mention albums or projects. Good call. I’d check out his albums like Lover’s Acid, YosepH, Chicago, Detroit, Redruth, and his EP Mate Tron.

Don’t expect anything as hectic as the Analord tracks, it’s much more funky. Lots of straight up 303 lines. Yay.

i think i might buy this