Any news for future versions?

PLEASE PEOPLE LISTEN TO WHAT FOSTERR HAS TO TELL YOU: The people in my house, they restrict my online connection. Fosterr cann only go here and soundcloud. They do bad things like rearranging the satellites so everyone confused and all thing stop working. Like the Tube Site they have talked about, then they just put that off for a few hours, so everyone using it getting mad and then they laughing like little kkids. What they did also is this FROG the one posted in here too. Fosterr saw that pepe kek frog on their machines. The programmed it to confuse people and do magic with that frog. Fosterr watched them doing evil things and having bad intentions for other. Dont trust the FROG it is an evil thing! Trust Fosterr I know the truth about it! THE FROG KEK IS EVIL AND HURTS YOU! Fosterr VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaG23Zv_-_8

i guess what pisses people off its not hearing it from the man himself or any official post from the other devs

“we are not doing anything” (updated) not the old post from 3 years that people keep quoting

just saying

yeah there are cool people here supportive and nice persons other not so much

good luck

Cheer up ffx (it’s not that bad…well actually it is…but…) tiny ditty. I like pattern 2 :slight_smile:
Ditty.xrns

Nice goodbye ditty, I love pattern 1 and messed it up tiny bitstorm in a teacup.xrns

Quite good isn’t it ffx? You have a foundation groove and people who are willing to give up their time to think about either music and/or computer programming and share what they do. Can be refreshing (certainly to this forum.) But of course it is very hard work. Which is a shame. You’ve got to be able to accept other peoples ideas when doing collaboration. For example, in your ‘Storm in a teacup’ addition you’ve put some menacing harder piano stabs half way through (patterns 5,6,7,8). I personally wouldn’t, I tend to prefer it with a muted piano at that point. The art is to be able to have a ‘constructive argument’ i.e. a discussion and keep diplomacy with what you are doing. That’s a major key to it ffx. Once you find people who operate on that similar wavelength, you can actually start to work with that person/people and (hopefully) produce quite a good sound. Not easy though. Anyway take care ffx (good idea on pattern 9 btw).

bah… one of the guy that made renoise will make another someday

meanwhile in berlin :wink:

149772-3x2-galerie.jpg?5CC6B

Diplomacy and being able to make compromises, too, yes. Lot of people nowadays are very quickly insulted and not open minded, only following their habits, not being open for change (sometimes I guess that goes for me, too). Let’s see if I can add anything useful composition wise…

EDIT: Kind of refrain idea? ditty2.xrnsTried some arp A47 and so on, but so far didn’t fit in. Is it possible to do two notes only with arp command? A40 maybe with ticks per line 3

i guess what pisses people off its not hearing it from the man himself or any official post from the other devs

“we are not doing anything” (updated) not the old post from 3 years that people keep quoting

just saying

yeah there are cool people here supportive and nice persons other not so much

good luck

No , what pisses most people of is that the main man isn’t posting on a daily / weekly basis .
Me thinks he’s got other priorities :slight_smile:

Why not get your own hands dirty?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLgJJsrdwhPxa6-02-CeHW8ocwSwl2jnu

i personally don’t care renoise not being developped right now or any more, but taktik bathing in radio silence is maybe not the most constructive move towards selling software, even if only 1 license/month

(in an age where software devs are usually quite transparent about future plans)

and these kind of threads evolving in meme-fest is getting old and tiring… cmon guys most of us renoise users are already threenagers

my 2ct

No , what pisses most people of is that the main man isn’t posting on a daily / weekly basis .
Me thinks he’s got other priorities :slight_smile:

Why not get your own hands dirty?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLgJJsrdwhPxa6-02-CeHW8ocwSwl2jnu

Maybe because renoise doesn’t use the juce framework ?

@m.arthur I think it’s funny
Y’all know they got Cubase out now right?

Maybe because renoise doesn’t use the juce framework ?

Why would you use the same framework as Renoise? It’s not even open.

https://github.com/monocasual/giada is a good starting point for a new tracker

The juce framework is pretty slow, see Tracktion. Taktik is a real old school hardcore programmer capable of programming a gui near to the iron I guess. Those guys are dying out it seems.

This is why I bought Renoise

Check out the release notes and see for yourself what a great value this represents.

A pity those guys are not involved anymore…

Dutch Doughnuts.

Ingredients:

• 1 (0.6 ounce) cake compressed fresh yeast
  • 1 cup lukewarm milk
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup dried currants
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and finely chopped
  • 1 quart vegetable oil for deep-frying
  • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting

Directions:

1. Break up the compressed yeast, and stir into the warm milk. Let stand for a few minutes to dissolve. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir the yeast mixture and egg into the flour and mix into a smooth batter. Stir in the currants, raisins and apple. Cover the bowl, and leave the batter in a warm place to rise until double in size. This will take about 1 hour.

2. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer, or heavy deep pan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Use 2 metal spoons to shape scoops of dough into balls, and drop them carefully into the hot oil.

3. Fry the balls until golden brown, about 8 minutes. The doughnuts should be soft and not greasy. If the oil is not hot enough, the outside will be tough and the insides greasy. Drain finished doughnuts on paper towels and dust with confectioners’ Sugar. Serve them piled on a dish with more confectioners’ sugar dusted over them. Eat them hot if possible.

What could be the main reasons for notgoingin an open source direction with Renoise? I knowtaktik has suggested elsewhere in this forum that such a decision would introduce problems, butInever quite understoodspecifically whatthose problems might be.

Imagine that this current Renoise.com forum was closed down (all threads locked, all forum noise turned off) and instead replaced with a pure developer oriented forum, only allowing threads related to the open source project.To enter such forum you would pay a price. And to enter certainsubforums you would need to qualifybased onthe principles of meritocracy and contribution.

No more lolcats, no more whining and “where’s my next version” threads. Just enthusiasts making progress instudying old code and building new code.

For more reading about the many business models that exists for open source software, seefor example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_models_for_open-source_software

I’ve moved on to Reaper. Needed a sampler and thought of Redux but a: I’m not going to pay for abandonware (which is what Renoise and Redux is at this point if we’re being honest) and b: I can’t load myown plugins in any way in the DSP chains. Major bummer. Oh well.

TAL Sampler for me it seems. Renoise was/is a nice product. I’d love to contribute to it if it’s ever open sourced.