Any news for future versions?

@joule

Hey, it would actually be the ultimate solution ifRenoise went 100% modular with a GUI adapted for 8Kvector graphics.Some modules couldthen be open source (the pattern editor, mixer, etc) whileothers remained closed source (core audio engine, DSPs). And userswould ideallyalsobe able to extend the system withtheir own modulesin C++ (DSP effects, piano rolls, audio file arrangers, etc).

a fully modular DAW is the next thing. Bitwig promised that years ago but no yet there, and Ableton with Max is near… in capabilities Live! is the number 1 for me, but Love Renoise tracker interface and simplicity. A modular Renoise with a different business model could be great, look at VCV Rack and all that development…

I am pretty sure taktik is working his nutts off to get us a nice christmas present

having more freedom to hide and resize parts of the renoise interface has always been a major wish for me, i’ve been dreaming of a further push toward a more modular system overall for years. all we can do is hope our money and support is enough to push development in that direction at this point.

there’s no real competition for renoise in the commercial tracker-based software space, and that leaves those looking for progress feeling assed-out.

Personally i’m more interested to see Redux updates than Renoise.

look at VCV Rack and all that development…

VCV Rack and its Bridge are pretty cool in Renoise

between all of this nonsense Raul manage to make a piano roll tool

so at this point in time

its safe to say that renoise its only on support by some community members

nice job on the tool if you ever read this Raul

I’ve given up hope on High DPI support. The other DAW I use seems to feel more and more like Homer Simpsons Car Design

ahem FL Studio ahem

got myself Bitwig a while ago. Pretty happy about that choice

Here are some useless statistics… about days between Renoise versions :badteeth:

The average time (in blue) is more or less 200 days.

The current tendancy value (in green) is more like 350 days.

If we consider that v3.1.1 has been deployed on 2017-10-04… eeeeh… we can conclude that… eeeeh… v3.2 will be launched a few days ago :smashed:

between all of this nonsense Raul manage to make a piano roll tool

so at this point in time

its safe to say that renoise its only on support by some community members

nice job on the tool if you ever read this Raul

Thanks for your comments Type-A! :)Of course I read this forum, continually. But I do a containment exercise too, otherwise I could explode!For some reason I am still waiting for someone responsible to answer the user who started the forum. I do not even want to think what this person will be thinking when reading all the comments.

@Sokoban.Sorry for the question, but are the data you used reliable? I mean, can I trust those days that you used on the bars?If so, I think it’s a good job and an interesting graphic. The graph speaks for itself.

Leaving the joke aside, I do not remember it, but did so many days go by from version 3.1.0 to version 3.1.1? Version 3.1.1 only adds a few fixes.

Version 3.1.0 is dated October 9, 2015. Version 3.1.1 is dated February 6, 2017 (although it was reported days later and in the forums, without an official publication on the web).The difference would be something like 500 days or more?

@sokoban, what happens, if you take out all mini jumps in version, like bugfixes? Taking away all 0.0.x steps, adding the days, would it look different?

@sokoban, what happens, if you take out all mini jumps in version, like bugfixes? Taking away all 0.0.x steps, adding the days, would it look different?

Are you sure you want to know?

Really?

OK :rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, here come the useless statistics about time between minor versions of Renoise without the bugfixes!

This time, the average time is a bit more than one year.

And the current value tends to more than 450 days!!! :panic:

So, considering that v3.1 as been launched on 2015-10-09, it gives v3.2 for… :drummer: … 2017-01-xx…

It breaks the spacetime continuum!!!

The statistics are formal:

v3.2 will fall before v3.1.1 :badteethslayer:

In one week we will celebrate 1000 days since Renoise 3.1 went gold!

Maybe it is time for a 4tey donut chart, so we have a time singularity.

A Sononym donut chart of days between major releases :slight_smile:
daystogo.png

Between 2.0 and 2.8 Taktik and his team were on fire!

Someone’s gotta do it:

OK then. This is obligatory:

Last useless statistics, then I promise to stop.

So tonight, number of releases (major + minor + bugfixes) per year.

The blue average line tells us that there are more than 1.5 releases per year.

The green trend line tells us that we will have less than 1 release in 2018.

I’m afraid green trend line is not that wrong (even a bit optimistic).

All the previous statistics were based on the version history that you can find here:

http://www.renoise.com/products/renoise/release-notes

I just added the v3.1.1 of 2017 to complete the results.