Any news for future versions?

Your statistic is confusing. Renoise 3.0 was released in 2014, 3.1 in 2016. Yet, your statistic says that in both of these years there were no releases?

As I said, my statistics are based on what is written on this website.

http://www.renoise.com/products/renoise/release-notes

So yes, nothing for 2014, nothing for 2016.

3.1.0 October 9th, 2015 3.0.0 December 21th, 2013

3.0.1 in late 2014: https://forum.renoise.com/t/3-0-1-for-registered-users-was-beta-now-released/42287

3.1.1 in late 2017: https://forum.renoise.com/t/3-1-1-bugfix-release/48248 Edit: Sorry, you already mentioned this.

Good to see that renoise development is alive & well, many thanks for your info.

Good to see that renoise development is alive & well, many thanks for your info.

I don’t have such a optimistic view for a xmas release or something like you, gentle, after this amount of ignorance.

renoise-360-i-dont-have-such-a-optimisti

new version will have HDR support

Naah , Chrismas release is just wishfull from my part .
It would be great , but I don’t expect any major release any time soon .
The last big release was 3.1 ( added filters etc , more advanced phrases etc ) , the 3.1.1 release was just a bug fix update

Maybe we could start a crowdfunding project to gettaktik to spend a few minutes to communicate with us about his thoughts and ambitions for Renoise?

Maybe we could start a crowdfunding project to gettaktik to spend a few minutes to communicate with us about his thoughts and ambitions for Renoise?

But seriously… I would pay 75 $ for an update just to motivate the dev-team. Seriously. Who’s with me?

hqdefault.jpg

But seriously… I would pay 75 $ for an update just to motivate the dev-team. Seriously. Who’s with me?

I think the low license fee has been one of the biggest hurdle for the dev’s.
I’d be happy to pay $150USD including updates across one version number, versus the current $75.

I know tracker-history is filled with free & cheap software, open source etc. But this ain’t Reaper and there’s no pile of Winamp-AOL gold lying around to fund development, so it might be worthwhile to rethink this for the next major version number.

From what I understand, taktik & co have otherjobs and Renoise is just a side-project.In other words, the low pricetag is probably no obstacle. Butlack of time is.

The problem is that it wouldn’t make any difference. And then there would be a couple of users here that feel even more angry about nothing happening.

Are you saying that I am a cat, lofimat?

hey grumpy, what I’m saying is nothing for now. I might answer your question in the year 2022 when renoise 4.0.0 is going gold. Until then: enjoying buzz which is not bad at all even it has this winxp charming gui and the workflow is not anywhere near to renoise.

I wasn’t communicating with you, wimp, so stop quoting my posts, asshole.

i-wasnt-communicating-with-you-wimp-so-s

Lol. I love the modular routing in Buzz, but the rest is a torture (single track view like future composer :blink:Actually I forgot to what it is similar). Also I am on Mac. Haldreamer’s drawing extension was nice though. I wish there were such hackers for Renoise, too. The lua api is very limited when it comes to GUI drawing.