Anyone Have A Decent Glitch Xrns?

What community are you talking about? The Renoise community? Then I completely disagree. It’s probably the most helpful community on the web.

If you are talking about some breakcore community, not all Renoise users make breakcore.

Really not sure what you are asking for. When someone learns piano they usually learn from a teacher for which they pay money for private lessons; not a forum of piano players… What are you expecting?

Furthermore:

Maybe people don’t go out of their way to help assholes?

right. that must be it. i wont waste anyone’s time quoting the threads that tell people to figure it out themselves. what i will do, however, is point out that you took the original quote out of context to add credence to your (very) thin argument that i acted like an asshole:

original quote:

“also - anyone got any good recommendations for Xanopticon-type glitch artists? Funk hasn’t done much since HCCBU. not looking for regular beat to death Amen crap… would rather some really glitchy structured noise core.”

i feel the need spell this out or draw a diagram for you since you’ve done such a horrible job of understanding what it was that i had asked:

1. anyone got any good recommendations for Xanopticon-type glitch artists? This is a question to other board members asking if anyone has any artist recommendations that sound like the musician Xanopticon. notice how i asked specifically for ‘Xanopticon-type glitch artists’. this means that i am specifically asking about ‘Glitch’ music.

(via Wiki):

1. Funk hasn’t done much since HCCBU. This statement refers to the artist Aaron Funk who goes by the moniker ‘Venetian Snares’. HCCBU is an acronym for ‘Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding’. the album featured more ‘glitch’ elements than subsequent albums. with reference to the first sentence - one could easily comprehend the meaning of the second sentence as 'Funk hasn’t done much (glitchy album making) since Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding.

2. not looking for regular beat to death Amen crap… would rather some really glitchy structured noisecore. this sentence also pertains to the desire to discover artists who use ‘glitch’ as their primary sound palette versus the ‘beat to death’ Amen break.

(via Wiki)

i expressed my specific desire for ‘really glitchy structured noisecore’ by prefacing it with ‘would rather’. noisecore is defined as:

(via Wiki)

lol. so you see, sir, you completely took my question out of context (and have since slightly modified your post). i’m not trying to be an asshole here. i’m asking for assistance and hopefully i will get some. maybe the assistance i receive will help others out as well who come to this board searching for answers.

[edited to include a missing ’ [’ bracket ahead of answer #3]

Well I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

It just seems odd to me that you are bitching on a community that “doesn’t share” instead of looking at the articles posted in In:Depth, the thousands of posts in “Tips & Tricks” and the thousands more in other forums.

Just because it doesn’t say breakcore XRNS in the subject doesn’t mean you can’t apply it to what you want to do.

There’s tons of Renoise tricks everywhere; creativity and combining ideas is hard work. There’s no easy answer.

PS: Treating me like I don’t know what glitch, noisecore, or who Aaron Funk is, instead of… I dunno, maybe reading some of my posts for the last 10 years kind of falls under asshole for me.

Just saying.

this ‘community’ refers to the tracking community as a whole. whether it is here, ihatebreakcore, or idm’s forums. it is the community as a whole and more specifically - the breakcore/speedcore/glitchcore/idm/etc powerplayers. and again - it was in comparison to other teachers of instruments and music as a whole. and also - that’s my opinion which i am definitely entitled to. however - it’s an opinion that can be backed by innumerable posts regarding elitist members telling n00bs to fuck off and figure it out themselves.

fuck you Conner. i don’t believe i ever attacked you personally but you’ve chosen to attack me simply because you sir - are the asshole here.

connor aside - i’d like to thank those of you who have taken the time to reply with a positive response. also - thank you to those of you who PM’d me with responses. BotB - thank you for staying classy as usual :)

horseforce and agargara, thank you for sharing.

[edited to fix a missing ’ / ’ to end original quote]

PPS: I’m an asshole.

1 Like

last post for you, sir. i didn’t want any of our readers to feel that anything was left unanswered.

i spelled that out AFTER you called me an asshole. so your statement is null and void.

furthermore - i knew you know what everything referenced is. however, you attacked me and called me an asshole and specifically quoted ‘Funk hasn’t done much since HCCBU. not looking for regular beat to death Amen crap…’ which made NO SENSE at all. it was also taken out of context. having been called an asshole in a public forum by someone referencing portions of my previous posts that were un-assholish in nature and completely unrelated left me feeling the desire to publicly defend myself in an overly-simplistic way that even someone like you, connor, could understand.

you are a 7 year vet with >4k posts. maybe you’re tired of new people asking the same tired questions and felt like lashing out. i dunno. wasn’t deserved tho… hopefully you will have a change of heart and help a n00b out. either that - or hopefully you will resist the ‘Reply’ button and publicly bash them for asking for help in their own way.

…but - that, of course, is my opinion.

I apologize for using the word asshole. It wasn’t my intention to “call you out” or whatever. I felt some of the tone was harsh and attacking, so I replied harshly.

The tone of your posts, to me, read that the Renoise community was deliberately trying to spite you and that all of us are “elitists” - My opinion on this? Completely disagree. There’s tens of thousands of threads on here. Lots of tips. Lots of creative ideas. Feel free to explore more than just the threads you start yourself?

I don’t have packaged tips, or anything, so I can’t help in the way you want. Apologies for derailing the thread. I sincerely hope I haven’t discouraged you.

Good luck.

Actually, after thinking about it, do you have this XRNS from MBC2?

File:
http://www.renoise.com/download/mbc2/UncleC%20-%20OA_ogg.xrns

Description:

Not exactly what you are looking for, but very advanced tracking and highly experimental stuff. One of my favourite XRNS files of all time.

Edit: King of edits.

1 Like

Firstly: Trying to call the Renoise, and Trackers in general, community closed and non-sharing compared to others is one of the most laughable comments I’ve read so far this year! I can only assume you are frustrated and venting (or maybe hungover and grumpy.)

Afraid I’m not so much into the overtly glitchy stuff, much preferring my Amen-bashing and junglecore styles of Breakcore. Xanopticon is obviously one of the most well known and I’ve been trying to rack my brains for stuff that may be up your street but mostly coming up blank. Maybe I should have a dig through my vinyl at some point as sure I have the odd bit and bob…

Also bear in mind you are requesting module shares of a VERY specific sub-genre that not many people really make. You would probably be better off approaching somebody who does something at least slightly close to what you want and asking if they are up for a collaboration. Also bear in mind most people use third party plugs and thus sharing xrns of finished tracks is often not that simple.

Good luck with progressing with your music.

OK been trying to think a little and checking Soundcloud and can’t believe the amount of people I remember doing glitchy electronica and stuff who now seem to be doing either Dubstep or Electro House!! :(

These artists you have probably heard of but may be worth checking their earlier stuff at least if not.

dDamage
Otto von Schirach
Terminal11
Richard Devine
Emotional Joystick
Com.A
Line47 (Maybe too amen-based.)

Also maybe Sozialistischer Plattenbau, Hymen and Zod labels.

As I say most of them seem to have switched styles so hard to find the right stuff on the internet. Some bits may be found through Discogs Preview option and maybe on digital download site/iTunes etc.

(Another Edit) Also meant to link you this in case you hadn’t seen it. Not glitch but good electronica and interesting reading. More about live usage so maybe not so good for you but recommend you check it and his site out.
http://www.renoise.com/indepth/renoise-news/artist-indepth-hitori-tori-talks-renoise-live-tricks/

I have to thank this thread for bringing to my attention that Alphacut Records are still going. Somehow I got the impression they went defunkt a while back. Think I have their first 7 releases :)

(sorry for the late response - i work SSM 9am-10pm)

thank you connor. yeah - i have that one and definitely have gleaned alot from it. when i got renoise 5 years ago i started collecting as many renoise files as i could because it was such a foreign concept compared to logic. i downloaded alot of the competitions and tutorials and have yet to see an XRNS that is as complicated as alot of the MP3 tracks that some of you release… so i guess i am still looking for some. kaneel used to put some good stuff out and i run across the random file (like UncleC) that have very interesting elements.

complicated (yet structured) breakcore/glitchcore is harder than most styles and i know it’s a subset of a subset of a sub-genre so there aren’t alot of people into it/making it. maybe you’d be interested in letting me put a glitch sample pack together for one of your competitions and sending it to you? that would be cool…

remember the old Kid 606 album ‘Wrong Application’? anyone ever used Soundhack (OSX) or Black Rectangle (Reaktor)? (btw - according to the creator (John Nowak) in THIS FORUM the ensembles are now pub domain).

SoundHack is INSANE in that it can reformat the header file of ANY file on your computer and turn it into an audio file. i have found that PC ‘DLL’ files, ‘DAT’, ‘WAD’, ‘EXE’, and a few others sound pretty good. try everything (except compressed file formats - they just sound like white noise). i will amend this post later to give an example of what something rendered by it sounds like.

Black Rectangle and Swan Song (i prefer BR) are also pretty insane if you own Reaktor. try it out.

(kazakore - thanks for the artist list - i will check them out :) )

Thinking about it Emotional Joystick is probably the closest to your kind of thing, most of it is kinda complex electronica, rather than really glitch. Although all of them it is probably more the case of there being a few bits of what you are looking for and a lot that isn’t so may take quite a lot of digging. Thought they may be worth checking out if you want some new music though.

Also a couple more you probably know but I forgot. Datach’i (possibly most relevant) and µ-Ziq (some bits that you undoubtedly know.)

EDIT: Datach’i definitely right up your street and has the right kind of stuff when searched on Youtube so if you haven’t heard him would say top of the list to check out :)

After a less or more simple question sometimes threads changes to battlefields. Why not simple answer the question or go to the next thread? :huh:

Welcome to the Internet. insert creepy music here

Anyway, Hyde, you might want to use the depreciated “Stutter” DSP effect, it may be depreciated but there’s no other native device that’s as unpredictable and glitchy as that. Try putting it on a drum track(s).

Looking for a formula for ‘glitch’ seems counter-intuitive to me. But, what the hell do i know.
(By the way, i already know i’m an asshole so nobody has to tell me here…)

it’s not a formula. glitch just replaces drum kits and loops, bass lines, leads, etc. so instead of mashing an amen - you mash a glitch loop. make music using ‘instruments’ that aren’t meant to be. creating a completely unique and new sound.

xanopticon does this well. other artists who dabble are datatch’i, snares, aphex, fanny, hrvatski, kid606, autechre, etc. hell - even trent reznor glitched the hell out of Year Zero. it’s doesn’t have to be random noise…

as for datach’i - i have only had these albums:

10110101=(Rec+Play)
Black Trees
Mmale and Ffemale
Shock Diamonds
We Are Always Well Thank You

Wow… Hyde man. you need to learn some manners when coming into a community and posting help questions… I dunno maybe RTFM or read IN:DEPTH or come into the IRC and ask away, maby do some collaberations and shit… I dont see you in the IRC broski… You just look like an asshole. Look at your post count bud. Cummon. Honestly. DO NOT BE A DICK! Among the tracker community we’re prolly THE MOST helpful bunch… and this community ROCKS! So rather FUCK YOU! …and welcome… just dont be such a dick. Connar wans’t trying to offend you int he beginning anyway… most of us take it REALLY personal when someone pokes at our community because w take ALOT of pride in it… WE ARE RENOISE. So please just be respectfull. Thanks!

_o0m

not only are you late to the party but it’s laughable that you’re beating this dead horse. connor apologized. what’s more - he’s a big boy and can obviously fight his own battles on here tyvm.

my post count and whether or not i hang out in irc is irrelevant. at no time did i ask for help with renoise or ‘how do i shot web’ so to speak. i asked people if anyone had any tracker files to share or a link to any.

and again - i referenced the tracker community as a whole with regards to helping n00bs out - and you’re a shining example. you’ve not helped at all - just put your flaming 2 cent troll toll in to unnecessarily exacerbate an issue and tried to stick up for someone who’s already apologized. thank you for your concern but we here HAVE ALREADY MOVED ON SIR.

(is there an ignore button on this forum?)

Dude, calm down. You overanalyze what people write, this is just an internet forum.

Also here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wdsocxg7y7tvxaz

It’s a simple automatic glitch beat I’ve made. It’s not very good but it might inspire you since I made it to try out some ideas I had and wanted to see how they would work together. It randomizes so let it play through a few times.
I’ve made heavy use of the LFO device to randomize parameters, these would of course ideally be automated by hand but it might be a good idea to keep a few of them random. I especially find that a highpass filter that randomizes every bar or every half bar works well on the higher pitched percussion. Also you can use a cabinet filter with alterning cabinet type makes the beat or melody seems as if it cuts to a different recording of the same piece but in a different location and with different equipment, which I think gives a really nice snappy effect. This would probably work even better to use a high quality reverb in combination with a bandpass filter but I find that hard to control. And small spaces of silence works really well to bring certain kicks out, so practice using gates… I am terrible at using them myself but they’re a really powerful tool.
I hope this helps, I know it’s a lot more ambient than what you requested but it might help. After all hardcore music is just really fast ambient…