Anyone Have A Decent Glitch Xrns?

thanks gooze - that was kinda different :)

i would like to add that this topic has over 900 views - waaaaaay more than the rest on the first page. i’m thinking people are hungry for this kind of info based on the number of people interested in the thread…

anyone else want to contribute?

I don’t want to add fuel to the fire, but

at first i wanted to answer you with the artists Datach’i, Kid606 and Hrvatski, as they are spot on, but it seems like you already know them. i don’t understand what you were hoping to hear from the people on this board then? if you are familiar with this style of music you should know Xanopticons style is very unique, you won’t find someone else that sounds exactly like him, especially someone who of all things uses Renoise AND is willing to share his XRNS. and then you are complaining that “most ‘tutorials’ and available XRNS files are of ‘simple’ songs with no real clever use of anything”? what are you expecting?

i guess hrvatski and datach’i also didn’t have people who showed them what their music has to look like in style, they just found out by themself what to do. just half an hour ago i was jamming a little bit in Renoise: i took a simple snare hit from my sample library that was somewhat distorted. i heavily stretched it, put some retriggers on it, processed it with distortion, delay and ringmod. adding pitch shifting here and there. and i must say automation is more important than i thought. and that was just half an hour ago. and i just used a fucking snare hit.

so my question is. do you have actually tried out yourself achieving this kind of sound/style or were you hoping that people will come by, just so, and shove all their hard work up your butt so you can work according to a formula? i understand your curiosity for this production style, but i don’t understand your behaviour.

in the video game manhunt 2003, the sound effects, mostly gunshots, ricochets, grunts, glass breaking and such where all in one 100+mb soundfile.
unless you are just looking to collect, that would be a good place to start.

Ilkae has made some of their source modules available online. They’re .xm and .it, but they can certainly be instructive in the ways of IDM/glitch.

http://inpuj.net/INPUJ114/

Check it out, learn something new, and make something cool and original!

agargara,

what a great find. that will help alot of people out who are trying to wrap their brains around what Renoise can do. i thank you sir. thank you for coming back and delivering some win :)