Automatable Bpm/speed In Automation Editor (only Seen In Masterchannel

Ey,

wouldn’t it be nice to be able to automate the bpm(&speed) tempo in the automation editor? Make it so the automation envelope can only be drawn in the master channel.

That way we can bypass the hexlimit (automate over 255 bpm) & easily draw in/randomise groove.

grts

Rico

Nice idea, could deliver some freaky bpm slide stuff.
but I don’t see a good way to make it appear it in a accessible way.
could get confusing for new users.
although maybe if Renoise uses the bpm like it is now, and when a bmp automation is active, it would overrule.

o, and go to the renoise meeting topic to support it Jonas ;)

What do you mean exactly with this? Right now you have to automate speed/bpm through patterncommands. That is pretty ‘hardcore’ for new users at first, maybe :slight_smile: but like everything new, once you know/learn it is dead easy.

Just like the permanent panning/width/volume controls in the automation editor, to me it would make sense to have this feature of bpm automation only available on the master channel since it works globally. Once you’re directed there, through a manual or this forum it would be hard to forget :slight_smile:

Of course the patterncommand way should also keep intact.

about the meeting topic, cool idea. Would be cool to meet up with fellow renoisers from this board!

Why only the mastertrack? don’t you desire controlled single track groove as well?

Sure, but my suggestion seems to be easy to implement right now, since separate speed-pattermcommands on different track don’t do anything. You can acquire groove using the delay commands, visually all tracks scroll by at the same speed.

Global speed automation, afaik, doesn’t need a complete under the hood architecture change, so it could be implemented NOW! :slight_smile: I don’t think ‘single track groove’ will be here soon, though I hope so (maybe you know more about 2.0? :slight_smile: )

AWESOME IDEA!!! IT’S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YEARS!!! WE ARE TIRED TO USE THE AUTOMATION AS FT2 WRITTING THAT WITH F000!

I wrote the same at this topic

https://forum.renoise.com/t/tempo-automation/23484

I don’t think this request it’s hard to programming but will be really usefull!

automation tempo as we need it’s just on the master track! u know why? cause it’s a simple automation on the bpm during the track…

anyway also each single track groove controlled would be good… but for other reasons

this i would use for sure