Automatically Show Controlled Slider (Mixer)

when you add certain instruments to the DSP chain, they get a particular slider automatically visible in Mixer View. this is for example true for the Cabinet Simulator, where the Gain-slider is shown. (i’m not sure what rules currently govern this behavior, why it was decided to show a certain slider of a certain device in Mixer View as a standard - personally, i keep switching these to ‘show sliders > none’.)
furthermore, when you control a certain slider from another DSP device, say, a Signal Follower, the controlled device gets a dotted border in Mixer View (when you have the controlling Signal Follower selected), which is quite convenient.

now come two ideas:

1. what would be even more convenient (imo) is when the particular controlled slider of that device would also automatically become visible in Mixer View.

2. in addition to this, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to see at a glance (from Mixer View) which devices/sliders are controlled? currently you can only see this by clicking on the controlling device. not sure what the best way for this would be.

no-one up for this?

ran into a part of this one tonight, wondering again why the Cabinet Simulator has the Gain slider automatically opened in Mixer View? if someone could at least explain me that?

1: yay!

2: i think New Tool (2.7): Mixer Utilities does what you want :]

2: thanks, good point!

bumping this because of a lack of input, both positive and negative. feel we need to at least discuss it.

"1. what would be even more convenient (imo) is when the particular controlled slider of that device would also automatically become visible in Mixer View.

1. in addition to this, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to see at a glance (from Mixer View) which devices/sliders are controlled? currently you can only see this by clicking on the controlling device."

of course…
and while we are at it, auto- wrap the automation device to the selected vsti.

or maybe they could introduce a new page like “MIDI Automation” or just “MIDI” for setups/controllers/import/export/osc/andwhatnot

It seems to me that that Beatslaughter plugin does exactly what you want, or did I miss something? Ah I see it’s not automatic. That could probably be fixed with some sort of notifiers maybe? Not sure, I’m sure Beatslaughter would know better