Automation Envelopes Based On ...

I’m bumping this with another suggestion :)

this tool is so nice on fast bpm speeds & expanded patterns where it draws in dots on every line, having high resolution variations possible within curves derived from note placement. Like shown here:

1667 autom1.jpg

I think it would be nice if we could somehow control the even and uneven dots separately. In the picture above I had to pull every uneven dot down manually for the second curve. Having a slider to set the min/max value for the uneven dots would definitely save time! Like this took me some time, but the wobble sounds sooo good :) :

1668 autom12.jpg

edit:

what about an inverted trajectory, inverted curve for the uneven dots? That could be cool too!

bissump

was thinking how cool it would be to have other criteria for the ‘automation from notes’ tool to trigger envelopes. Turn ‘automation from notes’ to ‘automation from …’ and have a selection box like in the advanced editors content mask.

So you can trigger envelopes from selecting out of: 'note, instrument, volume, panning, delay, effect nr & effect value.

Haha. Sorry mate, I’ve obviously been quite distracted with other stuff lately and forgot all about this. I don’t mind hacking together a basic little script if I can, but it’s very much a spur of the moment ‘right place, right time’ thing for me, and I get distracted by other things too easily when that original moment has passed. But I’ll try to keep your latest feature requests in mind, for whenever I do manage to continue working on this tool.

In the meantime, why not take a look at the source code yourself? Just unzip the .xrns to get the .lua code inside. It’s not like black magic or anything, and Renoise LUA scripting is actually quite straightforward if you can dedicate a few hours of time to learning the basics. It’s certainly a lot easier to modify existing scripts than it is to write your own from scratch, but in general I think you could probably pick it up pretty quickly if you put your mind to it. Then you wouldn’t have to rely on dumbasses like me who take forever to add new stuff :)

ey dblue, no worries, blurping all these requests / feature ideas out here, not only in the hope of you whipping out your coding schlong ;) , but hopefully influence the powers pimping the automation editor as well taking different options into consideration :) .

Hacking tools surely will get attention this summer vacation, right now I have to many other things that need attention first (like finally graduating lol + finishing 3 albums).

Woa, how did I miss this one!? Can’t wait to try this out :)

check dblue’s signature, there might be more gems there :)

this can indeed be very useful, thanks!
any chance to promote it to Tools page?

Yeah, sorry about that. I was first planning to create dedicated threads for each tool here on the forum, and then add them to the tools page when they were a bit more mature. But it seems that people still find them quite useful in their early/rough stages, so I guess I will just add them as they are now. I’ll try to take care of that a little bit later today.

Updated this tool for Renoise 2.7:

No major changes yet. I just fixed the tool so that it would work in 2.7.