Beat Slicer

I like the sound of your ‘very ideally’ suggestion in particular, I would imagine either a ‘slice view’ to define your loops easier, or perhaps just an ‘instrument slot alias’ type thing?!

Speaking of loop points (and slightly off topic)…was the idea to set loop points in realtime ever nixed or approved? It would sound like buffer override built in!

+1 for a (dare I say it) FL like beatslicer… that’s the only feature I’ve ever liked in Fruity Loops… the FL beatslicer is better than recycle imo

“InstrumentAutomateDevice”…

I think a ‘make the song thats in my head’ button would be better. :)
But hey, then making music wouldn’t be fun anymore.

yes. please!

Good job in paint by the way!!

+5

why have a lot of people on my thread been goin + this + that??

Just like saying " I agree with this idea". Showing you how many people are with you. With that said…

^2?

I don’t think addition of such discussed BeatSlicer would lessen the joy of making music for anybody ;) It would be a nice speed-up feature, generally sample editor has serious deficiencies in Renoise. :)

I’d love to see this! I’ve been playing with the Renoise demo, and am coming very close to buying Renoise, but as fun as I’ve found chopping breaks with 09xx is, I never got it as perfect as I wanted. This feature would be awesome!

agreeCount += 1 !

No, no. I meant that a ‘make the song thats in my head’ button would take away the fun.
The BeatSlicer will, of course, make it much more fun! :)

Oh ok I got it, sorry ;)

i almost forgot, here’s a slightly updated version with LIGHTS, so when you hit the key on your computer keboard or a real key on your midi keyboard, or even just played from the tracker, the slice will light up to make you know which on you are using…

it will also look prety :yeah:

Yes, we need more blinkenlights!

Perfect idea. Hope the next version will have beatslicing.

How about this…

YES!

+5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5

Thanks Milkshake